door car to top dragster

Old 07-16-2009, 03:52 AM
63split
SHOW GUEST

Default door car to top dragster

Hello,
Going from door car to a top dragster, what's the best first time ride, a hard tail , 4 link or a ????
thanks for any help.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:07 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

No doubt a suspended car will be better on all tracks, more consistent and easier to stop. I would not go for a typical 4 link car, I would go for a Swingarm suspension (bottom bars of suspension tied together). You get no chassis/body roll with the swingarm at the big end. I like the 2 shocks but lots have great luck with the single shock so either way would be good.

The suspended car may weigh a little more but if you plan on racing td the weight usually isnt huge its the motor that matters.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:13 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I go for sale what you are looking for. Swingarm dragster. Mono shock or you can put on 2 shocks or go standard 4 link with the car. Nitrous bottle mount and the tabs are there to get a wing from racetech. Good luck to you.

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1...-Swingarm.html
Old 07-16-2009, 07:41 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Want to add Shawns car is all first class and racetechs are awesome cars.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:51 PM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

That car is Flawless and always going rounds!
Old 07-17-2009, 04:06 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks guys. That is a great compliment coming from 2 guys that have stuff that is kept clean and polished.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:51 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

No prob Shawn, we call it how we see it. That car is very detailed and we all know what it'd cost to replace it and for that price you wont touch a new one.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:37 PM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

Well Shawn I figure the ol Nova is more consistent with some wax on it...lol... Helps cut the air.

You missed a mess out at trails Sat. They told us at 2:30 that the Super Series (8.90,9.90,10.90) was going to be cut and ran later in the year. We made our s/p time trail at 10:30am then at 11:05PM they announced that we got a rain check and were cancelled for the night. Still ran all the Jet car crap and the other classes just not us.

Damn Jet cars...lol...
Old 07-19-2009, 05:45 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

And that right there is why Night Under Fire and Bracket Race do not go hand in hand, especially Norwalk. That race starts at 9AM on Saturday and will end at 9AM or later on Sunday. I have seen drivers dead asleep in their cars while sitting in the staging lance.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:57 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

[quote="shawnp"]And that right there is why Night Under Fire and Bracket Race do not go hand in hand, especially Norwalk. That race starts at 9AM on Saturday and will end at 9AM or later on Sunday. I have seen drivers dead asleep in their cars while sitting in the staging lance.[/quote]

:shock: :shock: That would be me! I hate being up that long. I've fallen asleep while driving home at 4:00am and it sucks! I want to buy an RV or Living Quarters trailer really bad, but funds are just to low this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -