Old 07-13-2009, 05:51 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default News from GM........

http://blog.cardomain.com/2009/02/09...down/#comments
Old 07-20-2009, 04:37 AM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

EVER SINCE THE AUTO INDUSTRY STARTED PUTTING SMOG AND COMPUTER GARBAGE IN THEIR VEHICLES THAT WAS THE END OF THE GOOD 'OL YEARS. AND FURTHER MORE IF GM DRIED UP TOMARROW, IT WOULD SUCK MOST DEFINETLY!!!BUT THEN AGAIN REFER BACK TO FIRST SENTENCE ABOVE!!!

THE CARS NOW A DAYS SUCK!GRANTED THEY ARE SAFER, BUT IT FRUSTRATES ME HOW I REALIZE THAT ALL THE AUTO INDUSTRY HAS PERFECTED THE MINDSET OF "LETS MAKE EVERYTHING SO FRIGGIN DIFFICULT TO REPAIR THAT THE CONSUMER HAS TO BRING OUR CHEAP PRODUCT BACK TO US FOR US TO RAPE THEM ON THE REPAIR BILL!!!"

I HOPE IM NOT THE ONLY PERSON WITH THE "ILL NEVER BUY A NEW CAR" SYNDROME.

MY HEART BELONGS TO CHEVROLET BUT IN MY MIND, THE BEST OF THEIR YEARS ENDED AROUND 1972 AND THEY WILL NEVER BUILD ANYTHING THAT WILL EVEN COME CLOSE TO THE ART THEY CREATED IN THE SIXTYS.

OK IM STEPPING OFF THE SOAP BOX
Old 07-20-2009, 07:58 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I agree with you, Russ. NEVER a new car for me. I'm of the 'Keep it Simple Stupid' mentality. Todays fuel/air management systems are so much more driver/engine life Friendly than carbs, but they could surely make them simpler !
The Big 3's philosophy of 'Build 'em so complicated that the customer CANNOT effectively work on them themselves' is a big BS. ALTHOUGH, all the tree hugging liberals have FORCED industry as a whole to have to work under so strict of regulations to be 'Green and Clean' that it costs all industries to 'pass it to the consumer' or move overseas to stay alive .
It ALL boils down to total greed for power, money or both by the very bunch who are trying to destroy OUR America as it was intended and has been for over 200 years. EVERYTHING that We, the People have built this last 200 plus years is being canceled in less than a single year.