Annoying neighbors Who interupt your work

Old 07-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Annoying neighbors Who interupt your work

Is it just me, or do you guys ever have neighbors come over and bug you while your working on your car? I HATE THIS. Today I was sanding on my Chevelle and a neighbor came over to "See what I was up to" I kept sanding and he kept talking...Always about the super bad ass chevelle he USED to have.( I SWARE ON MY LIFE HE EVEN SAID IT HAD A VETTE MOTOR IN IT!!! LMAO) I try to be polite and talk to him, but I also kept working hoping he got the hint. I even picked up a Air sander and started sanding some body filler that didn't need sanding, just hoping the noise would shut him up and get him to leave. No luck. He just talked louder. He finally said he would let me work and then left....only to return 5 minutes later with another guy that I have never met. This guy was telling me how good he could do paint and body work...then asked if he could paint his son's Moped in our garage with my equipment cause he didn't have a compressor or a gun. I just met him. :shock: I told him I didn't think so I would be needing the garage for my stuff all summer. How the heck do you get rid of these people without getting the reputation of being the neighborhood JERK?

P.S. The second guy didn't own a bad ass car but he USED to have a scooter that would out run any 600CC Sport Bike in the eighth mile.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:26 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I live in an old neighborhood and almost everybody is older and don't come out of the house often, but I hate it when somebody comes over.
Kinda makes me nervous too. So many people have a buddy or know somebody that has a bad azz 4x4 with a big bad motor. Man I don't mean to be rude, but if you don't have 1,250+hp in a small truck set up to mud drag you aint ever gonna touch me, and like you I really don't have all day to tell somebody all about my truck. Not to mention I don't want any help because I can do it faster and better by myself 99.9 % of the time.

I know what you mean.

BTW Tod can I borrow your shop to build a 44' enclosed trailer this fall / winter?? I want take up much room at all :lol: !! LOL
Old 07-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I am more concerned with the fact he brings over a guy I have never met...not saying the guy would do anything but we all know there are lots of thieves around and they were just looking around at everything..tools, parts etc. Again...NOT saying he was up to no good but I don't know the man from Adam.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:54 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I know. That was the first thing I thought about.
Hey this reminds me about my GPS getting stolen last year. If you have a GPS, DO NOT PUT YOUR HOME ADDRESS IN IT. Since mine was stolen I've been paranoid. My parents, my friends and my home address were in it. Just put the road or some place near your house or your friends houses in it, not the actual addresses. If my new one gets stolen my home address in the local police dept!!!!
Old 07-12-2009, 04:42 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Those time burners just get gently shoved out the door. Folks I do not know get booted out the door ! I've a zero tolerance policy ! :? :?
Old 07-12-2009, 05:27 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

When someone comes to my shop I don't know even if they may have came with someone I know, I tell them to leave, I have things to do....

Someone might just try to get froggy with my stuff, You just never know who these strangers are of if they are looking for there next crack fix......
Old 07-12-2009, 05:33 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

A big fence .. if that dont work a big dog :wink:
Old 07-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

This is exactly why I normally work with the door down(that,and the garage has air conditioning ) but I was sanding body filler and I hate doing that inside it makes too much of a mess.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:15 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

OHHH My GoD! I have been going threw this now for the last six months or so, it has got so bad they will even pull up in the drive way next to the house every sat or sunday morning a start honking, thinking i want to come out and hear them ramble on..... I could tell you some stories u guys would die laughing at thou!!!!!!!!!!!

If im out back of the shop i will hide until they leave, one day i sat in a old rusty 39 chevy pickup for 45 mins before on guy backed out of the driveway(it was probably 95 degrees that day)

I have now fenced off all street access to my property, ran barb wire on top of the fence and put up two gates, now i have to open, close and lock the gates every time i leave.

It helped but they still dont get the idea that i dont want to talk or fix there stuff and when i do have time i want to do something for myself!!!!

My gf says i am too nice and just need to run them off.... but same dill, i dont want to be a ass hole, or that rude guy...... I just want to be alone...

I think the only answer for us is to move far away, were you can not see us in the shop or house from any road. And i am looking for that potential house as we speek!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2009, 07:55 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

:lol: :lol: :lol: i started chuckling during my reading of the posts hahaha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -