SLOANS RACING TRANS. DO NOT BUY !!!

Old 06-24-2009, 04:24 AM
rosameelpito
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default SLOANS RACING TRANS. DO NOT BUY !!!

LOOK AT AD 1572791 TO READ MY COMPLAINT. BOUGHT TRANNY BROKE AFTER 10 PASSES , THEY DID NOT HONOR THEIR 2 YEAR WARRANTY ON THE GEARS , PAID THEM $1,300 TO FIX IT . TRANNY BROKE AGAIN ON THE FIRST PASS!! NOW THEY WONT DO NOTHING ABOUT IT , THIS GUYS SUCK. THEY SHOULD BE BUILDING TRANYS FOR REG. CARS NOT RACE CARS , AND MAYBE NOT EVEN THAT ..THANKS FOR READING
Old 06-24-2009, 04:47 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I have dealt with Bob and Jimmy for years and never had a problem. They always stand behind their work and build trannys for cars in the 6-7 second range. Maybe I will send them an email and have em come give their side of the story.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 06-24-2009, 08:18 AM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

Now believe me rosameelpito i am not taking sides,,but i found you get more done with being nice than being a ( you know what ) now i am not saying you were being anything other than nice,but i know how thing get when new stuff breaks, and you may have pissed him off and now he just wants to forget ya,but that is wrong also,may just take a little time to get it all worked out,,again iam not saying anything against you.. the builder should stand behind his work.or clearly state AS IS..nooo warranty
Old 06-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

rosameelpito-

Sorry to hear about that. The second time it failed... what was it that broke specifically?
Old 06-27-2009, 06:39 AM
rosameelpito
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default SLOANS RACING TRANS. DO NOT BUY !!!

i tried talking to them , but all they want to hear is if i did something wrong on the installation..my experience with him has been bad. i always give people the benefit of the doubt or a second and alot of times a third chance ...ive spent 3600 dollars with this business and have gotten bad partsand inferior products.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:08 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I love trans/conv companies .. its always your fault and usually never something they did.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:57 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

oohhhhh yea i hear that,,its allways t the buyer fault,,you put it in wrong.. you did put enough fluid in it,,you didnt tighten up the all the bolts,,WHAT OUR FAULT,,,,WELL NO WAY ,,YOU DID SOMETHING TO IT,BLA,,BLA,, BLA ,,YADA..YADA..SAME OLD SONG AND DANCE,,rosameelpito SORRY..THEY DIDNT MAKE IT RITE,,
Old 06-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

All you have to do is adjust the shifter cable wrong and you can ruin a tranny...I don't blame them for questioning people who have problems. I'm not saying it is always the installation just pointing out that sometimes it probably is...NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS CASE as he said in the ad the thing scattered.

What did they use stock planets in it or what?
Old 06-28-2009, 05:11 AM
rosameelpito
JUNIOR BUILDER

this thing had 1.80 straight cut gears. this was suppose to be a 1600 hp tranny , i had a local and reputable trans. shop come and look at the tranny before i pulled it to see if i had done anything wrong with the installation . everything on my part checked out ok. everything on sloans racing transmissions is in pieces ......... its all bad , but one of the things that really gets me is their service and the fact that i paid 2400 bucks the first time and the second time i paid them 1300 bucks to fix it the second time it broke....next tranny i buy will be from abruzzi. they are good, when i first sent the tranny back to sloans i made the mistake of sending it to abruzzi , and this guys said dont worry we will honor our warranty and fix it for you , the gears failed, and after they found out it was not one of their trannys , i had themsend it to sloans [ where i bought it ] and thats when mr. sloan did not back his tranny up and charged me 1300 bucks to fix it ...sloans racing trans missions suck , big time
Old 06-29-2009, 05:37 AM
rosameelpito
JUNIOR BUILDER

i raced this weekend with the same car same flexplate same converter same tranny mount [ rubber ] same everything ,,new transmission held up just fine everything was great ,, the only diffrence this time is that there WAS NOT A SLOANS TRANSMISSION IN THE CAR . this is proof that my installation and my parts are fine. the only avious part that was defective on the car before was THE PIECE OF SHIT TRANSMISSION THAT SLOANS RACING MAKES... THANK YOU

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -