Thread: cold exhaust tube

cold exhaust tube

Looking for some help. 350 sbc #1 cly 190-205deg. after 20mins of run time. Same after a pass. New motor. Here is what I have checked so far. msd 7al3, rewired, new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil. Additional grounds to the cylinder heads (as recommended by MSD). Pulled the RPM limit pills. pulled covers and intake to check gasket sealing and valve adjustment and movement. compression test 170-175psi all the way around. swapped carbs just because its fun. stumbles on the trans brake or under load obviously. If I pull the plug wire 145deg on the tube and a little rougher idle(rough to begin with). pulled the plug after having the wire off and the plug is dry??? Its almost as if there is no fuel getting down the runner. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    i had a smooth one begining of this season i pulled heads to check over everything and in assembly i must have missed the lifter with push rod on intake valve! i know you said you even pulled intake off so prob not that but everyone needs to chuckle every now and again?

Eric
    if something goes wrong there is always the cooler!!!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Check to make sure cam isn't flat. Then I'd do a leak down test on that cyclinder.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    leak down for sure :?
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

I have not done a leak down. I will start with that. I was praying that I would come across one of the I'm stupid moments. I will let you know what I come up with. THX