Thread: Power valves or no P/V

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Power valves or no P/V

I know I'm asking a lot of questions and I dont meen to be a lot of trouble I'm just trying to get it all right. I know some of yall been doing this a long time and yall know the do's and dont's a lot more than me. so for Drag racing only is it a plus to plug the power valve and jet it up or is it just done for insurance against back fires and blowing your power valve out.
    Thanks Andy

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Racing - plug it and jet up
    I don't go up as many (8 to 10) usually more like 5 or 6 but only cause I bracket race and running your carb lean helps its run more consistent.

Street - running a P/V will help with driveablity (low to mid range) in race trim, doesnt matter since 99% of the time your @ WOT.
    Goodluck, Cp
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    Go to holley.com and read about Power valves you won't have any problems with blowing them out

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    I'm not really worried about blowing them out. I'm just wandering if there is a plus to not use them and just jet it up.
    Andy Byrd

Junior Member JOURNEYMAN
    i had Pro Systems build me a 1150 dom and he put power values in the primarys and blocked them off in the secondards. no problems and we run bottom 9s

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I have never blown one.