First runs with new car!

Old 06-21-2009, 08:50 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Default First runs with new car!

Finally got a sunny day to make my first runs in the new dragster. A couple of small problems but, all in all, things went well. Meaning nothing blew up! I was concerned as I didn't know much about the car.

[/img]
Old 06-21-2009, 08:58 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

good job ...

hmm sure dont look like a 7.70 car ... :roll:
Old 06-21-2009, 09:13 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by hammertime
good job ...

hmm sure dont look like a 7.70 car ... :roll:
Thanks David.

I hope I can get it there though. The previous guy was running at near sea level and I'm at nearly 3000'. I did re-jet and will probably have to make some more changes there. I was dropping the tire pressure by 1/2 pound each run and the last one was at 6.5 pounds. If it doesn't make 7.70 this season, I can see some major engine mods this winter.

I just wish the instructions for the Mega 450 were easier to understand. They get into great detail about the finer details of using the box but barely touch on the basics.

I have another test and tune this Friday so I will work on it some more.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:15 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I'll help ya ... 5 to 5.5 on tire pressure, you'll see 8.0's

what issues you having with the box, its actually very simple to use, just dont make it harder then it should be
Old 06-21-2009, 09:25 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

what issues you having with the box, its actually very simple to use, just dont make it harder then it should be
Thanks,
I'll drop the tire pressure to 5.5 on the next run. I'm posting some launch pics and you'll see a bit of tire spin in them. (just downloading them to PhotoBucket now.

The instructions mention S.F.O's, Tap up and downs, P.B. Mode, P.T.S.O, etc. It gets a bit confusing to say the least.
All I want to understand right now is how to set the transbrake delay and shift point inPro mode. I will tackle the Bracket Mode after I get the car running the best it can.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:27 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

A couple of launch vids

Old 06-21-2009, 09:29 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by kod99

Thanks,
I'll drop the tire pressure to 5.5 on the next run. I'm posting some launch pics and you'll see a bit of tire spin in them. (just downloading them to PhotoBucket now.

The instructions mention S.F.O's, Tap up and downs, P.B. Mode, P.T.S.O, etc. It gets a bit confusing to say the least.
All I want to understand right now is how to set the transbrake delay and shift point inPro mode. I will tackle the Bracket Mode after I get the car running the best it can.
When in doubt just his bracket on the buttons it will take you to delay settings (make them the same) and dial-ins when in tt make them the same 8.10 and 8.10 during elminations it says your dial and their dial, do just that and let go on the top bulb on his side of the tree (unless cross talk is used then hit yourside on the top) Just clear everything else if you dont want to use the sfo's and tap up and bump down stuff. Its very easy to get to pro-mod the mega 450 instructions are very easy to use.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:36 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

For right now, I just want to be able to set the delay time between releasing the transbrake button and launch, and the shist point on the Powerglide. I think that will allow me to monitor and change the tuning, tires, etc and set the car up for the lowest ET. Am I thinking along the right lines?
Old 06-21-2009, 09:44 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by kod99
For right now, I just want to be able to set the delay time between releasing the transbrake button and launch, and the shist point on the Powerglide. I think that will allow me to monitor and change the tuning, tires, etc and set the car up for the lowest ET. Am I thinking along the right lines?
Well to change that just go the bracket screen
say you are .030 on the tree and have 1150 in the box, to be perfect .000 you should go to 1120 in the box.

This shift screen is very easy to use, just go to the screen where you change you shift point and adjust it there, but you wont monitor much unless you have the replay hooked up on the tach side.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:46 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

and you right it does have some good tire spin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -