To bad close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades!!!

Old 06-20-2009, 11:18 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Default To bad close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades!!!

Well after 5 races we finally made it to the finals. Then my dragster rolls thru the lites. I know I should be happy but second sure leaves an empty feeling. The only good point is I think we may have went enough rounds to take first in points.
And I'm going to have to tear down my trans again to see whats wrong. When I bought the dragster the reverse clutches were bad and so were the high gear clutches. I thought maybe the pump would look wore but after tearing it down it looked like new. The low gear drum and band looked like new. Making me think pressure wasn't the culprit. After checking the clearance of the reverse clutches I found they only had .035 clearance, we opened them up to .070 and the high gear clutches had .015 and we opened them to .050. Thinking that I had fixed the problem till tonight. The trans is an Abruzzi. Does anyone have an opinion as to what would cause my reverse clutches to smoke so soon. I'll check pressures tomorrow and call Mark Abruzzi Monday. If anyone has an opinion, or similar problem shoot it my way.
dparker
Old 06-21-2009, 06:58 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Pump a pressure gauge on it and see what it has for pump pressure maybe its weak ? My trans guy runs .040 clearance

Good job on the final, terminator work good ?
Old 06-21-2009, 07:10 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

When you call Marco let him know that you got Bob Tingler's old car. He may remember when the last time he looked at the trans was and may have changed something that he would want to update in the trans.