Thread: Header Problems

Header Problems

Any help would really be grateful. I have an 81 Monte Carlo that Im building for the Strip/Street I built a 520 Tall Deck motor. It was not suppose to be for this car I had a full chassie Camaro Drag Car but its gone. So I thought I would find a cheap car and put this motor and my turbo 400 into. So I came across this Monte Carlo got for nothing the body is perfect. I bought a 9" for it and now Im stumped. Can't find a header that will work. Hooker Tech tells me that there 2241 that is for BBC in a G body may or maynot fit. And at 500.00 I was hoping for a better answer than that. What is the solution? Any body run across this problem? Thanks David

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    for about 14-1500 Lemons will make you a set that wil fit. 4-6 weeks backorder.

http://www.lemonsheaders.com/

They will fit though....

buy a kit and weld up your own..or cut apart a set and modify them.

81 Monte/Malibu is a G body hookers should fit, but you may have to run a front motor plate, they did fit my 80 Malibu at one time before i went sm/blk

JMO

Zip.

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Look around in your area. I found 3 differnt guys in my area that build headers ranging from 800 to 1000 Coating opional. Good luck
    Blowninjected 540 - when is going fast, Fast enough ?????

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/182079