water coming out of head between header and head ???

Old 06-16-2009, 03:51 AM
gpracer
JOURNEYMAN

Default water coming out of head between header and head ???

please help we have brand new motor and we got it fired up and we have water coming out between header and head on # 4 and 6 cylinder what is causing this we took it apart had everything checked and put back together and same thing happened again ???? what is causing this ty for any help
Old 06-16-2009, 05:25 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: water coming out of head between header and head ???

Originally Posted by gpracer
please help we have brand new motor and we got it fired up and we have water coming out between header and head on # 4 and 6 cylinder what is causing this we took it apart had everything checked and put back together and same thing happened again ???? what is causing this ty for any help
Deck on the block not straight, not allowing the gasket to seal ?
Old 06-16-2009, 05:50 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

If the water is coming out between header and head that means it is coming out the exhaust port (right)??if thats the case you have a cracked head, put a pressure tester on your radiator , remove header , and pump up tester to 20 lbs and look in port , assuming this is a v8 engine that would indicate that # 4& 6 are back to back , probally cracked into water jacket from ex ports ,,,,have they been ported out on the ex side??
Old 06-16-2009, 05:53 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: water coming out of head between header and head ???

Originally Posted by gpracer
Do you mean under the header between the head and block or from the header flange? Not sure I am getting the picture of where exactly it is coming from. Are you using head studs?

Curtis
Old 06-16-2009, 06:02 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Check header bolt's, could be leaking around thread's, I know ''MOPAR'' engines can do this, put some sealer on threads, some bolt's/stud's goes into water jacket :!: :!: Just a thought :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 06-16-2009, 07:21 AM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

your head studs are leaking?
Old 06-16-2009, 07:50 AM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

If the heads have been ported, it's possible they have gotten into a water jacket.

TS1955
Old 06-16-2009, 04:27 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

What make/size is the engine/heads ?
Old 06-16-2009, 11:12 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mopar1968
Check header bolt's, could be leaking around thread's, I know ''MOPAR'' engines can do this, put some sealer on threads, some bolt's/stud's goes into water jacket :!: :!: Just a thought
Hey wasn't that one of Mopars better idea's? J/K 8)

One day we were working on my buddies 68 roadrunner.
We were taking the right side header off to gain acess to the starter and whoops, heres comes gycol all over the garage floor- we were both like WTF? :lol:
Old 06-17-2009, 12:29 PM
gpracer
JOURNEYMAN

408 chevy and head checked out good pressure tested it the mating surface on block ?? thanks for all ur help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -