What a Rush

Old 06-14-2009, 03:44 PM
dpassmore
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default What a Rush

It has to be.With the average speed being 85 mph on a 3/8 mile track,no wonder he comes off the track with enough adrenaline to just about jump out of his skin and a smile from ear to ear.What else would a thirteen year old rather be doing?Race #2 at Shelby County Speedway.
Went pretty good,started at the rear again.The 54 car was all over the track and just wasn't worth trying to pass,especially since it has a sportsman engine and his is a crate.Ended up getting lapped and the just as the 54 was getting lapped he put it in the wall.Then we ran over debris finishing the race with a right rear going down,it was flat by the time we got it on the trailer.All in all it was pretty good,he's still learning this thing and has a long way to go,but he IS having ALOT of FUN in this car.Finished 5th out of 7 just by staying out of trouble.

Pic
http://passmore.zenfolio.com/p460482...45b5#h2a5845b5

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwTw_YvrBIc
Old 06-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Man I love dirt track racing...grew up around it. We used to watch Jeff Gordon race at Bloomington when he was 15 and I was 13. I hope your boy(I assume) stays safe and doesn't burn out....two thumbs up !!
Old 06-14-2009, 04:38 PM
dpassmore
JUNIOR BUILDER

He was close during the 4 months it took to get it on the track.LOL.Otherwise he's loving it.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:27 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

LOVED THE VIDEO GREAT FOR A 13 YEAR OLD I HAVE A 25 YEAR OLD THAT STILL CAN'T DRIVE THE RIDING LAWNMOWER :lol: :lol:
Old 06-15-2009, 02:26 PM
dpassmore
JUNIOR BUILDER

Get him a go kart.LOL.Worked for us....