Thread: Valve Adj Help Needed

Valve Adj Help Needed

I have a SBC with a Crane roller cam #118411 (jegs) , track 1 heads , SRP 12:9/1 pistons and I need to adjust the valves but I can't find any specs . This motor has never been fired and PO thinks the adjustment should be 12int/18exh . I need some ideas

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    .012 in .022 ex with 1.5 rockers,add .001 lash for each .1 added rocker ratio-1,6 .013 in .023 ex.Use .018 ex for continuous high rpm,like round track.Bill.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE oldandtired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmeabates
    .012 in .022 ex with 1.5 rockers,add .001 lash for each .1 added rocker ratio-1,6 .013 in .023 ex.Use .018 ex for continuous high rpm,like round track.Bill.
    Bill, I have never seen any solid lifter or sollid roller camshaft with that much spread between the intake and exhaust lash. Most of the time, they are equal or + .002 exhaust.
    Just my experience.
    Dave
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Hi dave,This cam has a fast in. ramp,.012 lash 290 [email protected] 260 [email protected] .670 [email protected] ,the ex lobe is slower with [email protected]@.050 and only [email protected] like 2 differnt cams.I've had that same came for 20 yrs now and used it in 2 differnt motors,worked real well both times.I don't know how long Crane was making it before I got it but they were still making it untill they closed,same part# same grind#. Bill.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE oldandtired's Avatar
    Bill, That makes sence now. Like picking seperate profiles from the CompCam book (one of my favorite reading materials).
    Dave

P.S. I Hear S&S will soon be hiring in Florida again. Good news for a great name brand.
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Thanks Bill , that's what I was looking for.