Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: clutch weights

  1. #1

    clutch weights

    Hi, I'm going to install a adjustable clutch, pressure plate (Ram) for my small block ford. How would you install the weight after you are testing. You woud'nt have to pull trans every time? The bellhousing is a Lakewood. Asked the Ram Tech said that some bellhousing's have a opening. Would I have to make a hole so I can switch the weights. That's my only idea that I have. Any help would be helpfull.


  2. #2
    Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER gearhead1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Shepherdsville, KY
    Sometimes you can work through the clutch fork opening to change the counterweights. If you don't have room to do this then you will have to pull the trans each time. If you cut a "window" in the bell for access you will lose the sfi certification and will compromise safety in the event of a clutch/flywheel failure. There should be 6 adjusters in that plate to set base pressure. You can usually get to those by removing one of the trans to bell housing bolts and use a long allen wrench. You will have to index the your balancer with the trans out to line the adjusters up with the bolt hole so that you can make this adjustment with the trans in. You should check out the forum at . You'll have to sign up to view the forums. There's a lot of good stick car info there.

  3. #3
    Thanks Chuck, for help on this and espeacially for that link to that site. I was afraid that was going to be the case with the belhousing.
    Chuck thanks,


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Copyright © 2005-2016 All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy