Thread: 2 different slicks

2 different slicks

Just want to share what happened, I ordered a set of Hoosier - 33-15-15, and when they came one had 105 on its face with a paint marker and the other 106, I called jegs tech and he assured me that was in tollerence, so I mounted and drilled them, went racing, car drew right , swaped side to side, car drew left, had to let half pound out of big one to get car to go straight, next called Hoosier and they said no more than a quater inch difference is acceptable, and jegs are supposed to pair slicks and cant go by tire size on the sidewall, check your circumference of yours if you have any strange things happening , you cant believe what one inch in circumference will do.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I would tell the guy at Jegs you are not drag racing a sprint car.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    :shock: :shock:

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Tires are no often the exact same size. You wanna pump up the smaller one to 20lbs and leave it a few hours and let it down to the same as the other and remeasure them.
    I have resorted to running 1/2 lb difference in my 34's once or twice when new tires were fitted in a hurry.
    It Ain't Over Til Its NOVA - 634ci of S*#t Your Pants!