dougnash 5speed hp rating

Old 06-05-2009, 06:48 PM
fsdragster
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default dougnash 5speed hp rating

LOOKING TO PURCHASE AND INSTALL THIS TRANNY IN A 69 PRO STREETED CHEVELLE 9O% STREET USE WTH A BIG CUBIC INCH BIG BLOCK. THE TRANNY WAS MADE IN 1988 AND IS LIKE NEW. WHAT IS THE HP. LIMIT AND ARE THERE ANY BETTER ONES WITHOUT GOING TO EXTREME HIGH END ONES LIKE A LENCO.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:36 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I used to run a Nash in my old car and replaced it with a Liberty when I started breaking it every other weekend. I was probably making 650-700 hp then in a car that weighed around 2500 lbs. There are some of those Nash trannys that didn't have a center bearing on the cluster and there was a torsional shaft for the cluster that was supposed to soften some of the impact. Back then I didn't have the clutch knowledge that I have now and I may have been easier on the tranny if I had a better clutch set up. If you're looking for a lot of good info on manual trannys and clutches you should check out www.umtrdragrace.com . I think you will have to join to view the forums but there is a lot of info there.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:37 AM
fsdragster
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

CHUCK, THANKS FOR THE REPLY AND I WILL BE CHECKING OUT THE SITE. FRANK