Does anyone know where I can get a title?

Old 06-02-2009, 11:15 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Does anyone know where I can get a title?

Hey everyone, I just traded for a street legal 68 Camaro. I got a bill of sale because Alabama does not issue titles for cars older the 75, Georgia only requires a bill of sale but I was going to try and get a title just in case I want to sell the car later on. Any companies out there do this? Thanks in advance for you advice, help.

Chris
Old 06-03-2009, 12:30 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

not legally. to sell a alabama car out of state all you need is a bill of sale. sold a few . no problems yet
Old 06-03-2009, 01:08 AM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

I was just looking for one or how to obtain one, not looking to break any laws but I thought the car would be worth more if I had a title for the car. Didn't know if there was a company that did anything like that.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:11 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Title

Just bring the bill of sale to your department of motor vehicles and they should issue a title. You don't need a title in Alabama so the bill of sale sould be sufficient. I got one from Florida with a bill of sale from Alabama. They will do a stolen vehicle check first and check the numbers on the vehicle.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:38 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Funny enought, they are located in Birmingham. I checked a few years ago and they were a little pricy. If I remember, you sell the car to them in escrow and then they turn it around with a title.
Good Luck, Dave

www.broadwaytitle.com
Old 06-03-2009, 05:18 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by oldandtired
Funny enought, they are located in Birmingham. I checked a few years ago and they were a little pricy. If I remember, you sell the car to them in escrow and then they turn it around with a title.
Good Luck, Dave

www.broadwaytitle.com
I used Broadway title a few years ago on a 54 belaire roller, I had nary a problem. I think it was around $200 bucks. The car had a title, but was signed by several different people, but never registered by any of them. The fog of Missouri bureaucracy, made this my only hope.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:58 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Thanks for the advice guys. I will try and take the bill of sale to the Ga. DMV and see if they will issue a title for the car.
Chris
Old 06-03-2009, 02:50 PM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bowtie4542001
Thanks for the advice guys. I will try and take the bill of sale to the Ga. DMV and see if they will issue a title for the car.
Chris
Chris, I attemped in 1999 to move a 55 Chevy from Alabama to GA but got shot down. If you are sucessful, please let us know.

Dave
Old 06-03-2009, 03:29 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by oldandtired
Originally Posted by bowtie4542001
Chris
Chris, I attemped in 1999 to move a 55 Chevy from Alabama to GA but got shot down. If you are sucessful, please let us know.

Dave

I will Dave, I will try to do it in the next couple of days.
Chris
Old 06-04-2009, 06:49 PM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

i also got a car out of Alabama with only a bill of sale..my state[nv.]wouldn't even look at bill-of-sale..nv. dmv says bill-of-sale isn't worth paper it is on..in nv. you can get the towing companys to get a title for you but got to take car to there tow lot.they report car as abbanded[i know miss spelled this]they then hold car for up to 90 days and have to run ads nation wide to make sure no one claims car..if not then DMV issues a new title[savage title]to tow company..once that is done then they charge you $400.00 to get your car back and a savage title for it..it is a big mess in nv. to get a car with no title or just a bill-of-sell..matter of fact they told me at DMV that it is illagal to have a car without title and they can inpound car..no body in nv. will buy car without titles..i know i'll never do it again...good luck on getting a title.every state is differant..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -