Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know where I can get a title?

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

Does anyone know where I can get a title?

Hey everyone, I just traded for a street legal 68 Camaro. I got a bill of sale because Alabama does not issue titles for cars older the 75, Georgia only requires a bill of sale but I was going to try and get a title just in case I want to sell the car later on. Any companies out there do this? Thanks in advance for you advice, help.

Chris

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    not legally. to sell a alabama car out of state all you need is a bill of sale. sold a few . no problems yet

I was just looking for one or how to obtain one, not looking to break any laws but I thought the car would be worth more if I had a title for the car. Didn't know if there was a company that did anything like that.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE fla1976's Avatar

Title

Just bring the bill of sale to your department of motor vehicles and they should issue a title. You don't need a title in Alabama so the bill of sale sould be sufficient. I got one from Florida with a bill of sale from Alabama. They will do a stolen vehicle check first and check the numbers on the vehicle.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE oldandtired's Avatar
    Funny enought, they are located in Birmingham. I checked a few years ago and they were a little pricy. If I remember, you sell the car to them in escrow and then they turn it around with a title.
    Good Luck, Dave

www.broadwaytitle.com
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Quote Originally Posted by oldandtired
    Funny enought, they are located in Birmingham. I checked a few years ago and they were a little pricy. If I remember, you sell the car to them in escrow and then they turn it around with a title.
    Good Luck, Dave

www.broadwaytitle.com
    I used Broadway title a few years ago on a 54 belaire roller, I had nary a problem. I think it was around $200 bucks. The car had a title, but was signed by several different people, but never registered by any of them. The fog of Missouri bureaucracy, made this my only hope.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    **IN GOD WE TRUST**

Thanks for the advice guys. I will try and take the bill of sale to the Ga. DMV and see if they will issue a title for the car.
    Chris

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE oldandtired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie4542001
    Thanks for the advice guys. I will try and take the bill of sale to the Ga. DMV and see if they will issue a title for the car.
    Chris
    Chris, I attemped in 1999 to move a 55 Chevy from Alabama to GA but got shot down. If you are sucessful, please let us know.

Dave
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by oldandtired
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie4542001
    Chris
    Chris, I attemped in 1999 to move a 55 Chevy from Alabama to GA but got shot down. If you are sucessful, please let us know.

Dave

I will Dave, I will try to do it in the next couple of days.
    Chris

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    i also got a car out of Alabama with only a bill of sale..my state[nv.]wouldn't even look at bill-of-sale..nv. dmv says bill-of-sale isn't worth paper it is on..in nv. you can get the towing companys to get a title for you but got to take car to there tow lot.they report car as abbanded[i know miss spelled this]they then hold car for up to 90 days and have to run ads nation wide to make sure no one claims car..if not then DMV issues a new title[savage title]to tow company..once that is done then they charge you $400.00 to get your car back and a savage title for it..it is a big mess in nv. to get a car with no title or just a bill-of-sell..matter of fact they told me at DMV that it is illagal to have a car without title and they can inpound car..no body in nv. will buy car without titles..i know i'll never do it again...good luck on getting a title.every state is differant..