Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Comp and Jesel belt drive.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Comp and Jesel belt drive.

I have been looking through some of my magazines and doing some searching online, I see that CompCams makes a couple of different belt drives and Jesel has two different ones as well. I have been leaning toward the Jesel drives, but now they offer a 1 piece upper pulley system that is around $250 less than the two piece system. What would be the benefit of the two piece vs. the one piece?? Is the two piece worth the extra $$? Has anyone used the CompCams belt drives and how do you like them? Thanks.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I've got a comp-cam on a sm/blk 434" but have not installed the engine in the car yet. I also have a used jessel under the work bench, that i bough after the purchase of the comp-cam unit. I've run jessel in the past (2 pc.) and i can tell you there is no comparsion on workmanship between the jessel and the comp-cam unit, plus when i started unwrapping the comp-cam unit, i found a made in China sticker on some of the assembly parts. The one i bought does not have the idler pulley, i wouldn't buy another one but since i already it installed, i'm going to try it :?: hoping it don't bite me in the butt.

Zip.

Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    We are at present using the 2 pc BBChev Jesel piece & really like it Quality fitment,tops.I wouldn't by choice use a belt system with an idler either.Having not seen a one peice top gear I can't say for sure but I would wonder how fast timing changes would be accomplished,something that is very quick & east with the 2 pc system.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    I am running the Comp on my BBC and I like it. I have not had any problems out of it.
    Wasn't me.

Jesel or Comp cams belt drive

JESEL HANDS DOWN,WOULDNT USE ANYTHING ELSE...2 PIECE MOST DEFINATLY IF U DO A LOT OF CAM TIMING CHANGES AT THE TRACK LIKE I DO

I wouldn't look at either one, CV products makes billet belt drives that cost less then Jesel, and much nicer and easier to install then both.

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    CV Products make the best timing belt by far. Used the jesel and had nothing but leaks and clearance problems on my 10.2 dart big block. I highly recommend CV Products. Very nice looking billet cover also.
    "The only thing better than Cubic inches is more of them"

GO THE ALL BLACKS!!!!!!!!

Junior Member JOURNEYMAN
    I have a jesel on mine and is fine put a comp on a buddies and thought it was a little easier to use

I was told that the block requires machining to fit the jesel back plate. Is this true or is it a bolt on replacement to a chain?

Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    On our block (Mk 4 ~72 era) it bolted up no machining whatsoever