Avoid T and L Engine Development

Old 05-20-2009, 05:24 AM
ljwaia
SHOW GUEST

Default Avoid T and L Engine Development

I have been dealing with T and L for six months now and still do not have what I ordered and paid for. I ordred a turnkey ready to run 347 stroker from T and L back in December 08 based upon magazine articles. When I placed the order they told me it would be 6 to 8 weeks to be shipped to me. I followed up at the six wek mark and was told soon. I started to follow up agian with phone calls and e-mails at about 8 weeks. no response until 16 weeks. then I was told the engine was done and just needed to be dyno tested. More calls and e-mails and no response. finally I received a crate May 6. When I opened up the crate the engine was not complete, mising carb, spacer, coil, fuel line and several other parts I ordered. after seveal more phone calls and e-mails they finally sent me a notice they shipped the parts. I got the shipment and still no carb, spacer, fuel line, coil etc.. Today still no response to my call to Lloyds cell phone business and e-mails. Good thing I paid with AMEX they are investigation now. T and L mis-represents what they deliver and shorts you on parts and service. They rip you off. I will now have to order and pay for another $1,000 + worth of parts that they were supose to supply and did not. I just hope that the engine runs when I finally get it completed. Six months and counting.

DO NOT EVERY USE T and L
Old 05-20-2009, 04:37 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

i would tear it down ...before i started it up..sounds like some motor ass clowns.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:43 PM
chevy2much
SHOW GUEST

It must be true, T and L hasn't said a word, I was seriously looking at them for a pro street big block, I wanted someone close since I live in NC,,,well I guess not
Old 06-16-2009, 08:07 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default T&L

Goes to show,When you dont conduct your business as advertised it costs you in the long run-Sounds like it could have just cost them a BB engine & Im sure I wouldnt deal with them-Im sure anyone reading this post thinking of having an engine built will (on average)look elsewhere-I know I would-
Old 06-17-2009, 05:45 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

These guys are just down the road from me, I dealt with them once, many years ago. I do not remember the exact details, but I do remember the outcome was I was not a happy customer. I have been using a local guy who has been here for many years, he used to race at Mooresville, I have NEVER heard one person say that he has done them wrong. He is a one man show, everything done in his machine shop he does himself. If you want his name and number, just send me a message. In the meantime, I will ask him if it is ok to post his name and shop number in the forum.

Good luck in getting squared away with T&L.

Later,
Rudy
Old 09-24-2009, 06:37 AM
ZZMAN
APPRENTICE

I am having the same problem with T and L Engines. My issue started in Jan of 2009. I was looking for an engine for one of my customers street rods I was working on. T and L told me 4 to 8 weeks for one of there 408 SBC engines. We got the funds to them to start building about Feb 1 2009. We were think The first week of May to mid May we would have it. At the end of May they told me that they were waiting for valve covers. Then in June they had a problem with there Dyno. In July T and L told me that the engine would be done and Dynoed and I would have it by the last week of July. They did NOT ship it. In Aug. all we got was more BULL**it on the phone and now in SEPT. they DON'T return any calls.

So I contacted T and L Engines via one of there adds on Racingjunk and I will share it with you

I copyed and pasted the messages from my In Box

Subject: Re: 408 Small Block Chevy Stroker Engine 575 HP
Re: Ad #1418715 - 408 Small Block Chevy Stroker Engine 575 HP

On [2009-09-19 9:54] ZZMAN wrote:
You said as long as 10+ weeks. How long is the + side of 10 Weeks? What is the longest time it has taken T and L to build one of your Crate Engines.

On [2009-09-18 11:23:55] luckylloyd wrote:
> Anywhere from 4 to 10+ weeks. Just depends on the combination. I would recommend supplying a # where someone can reach you to discuss. Thanks.
>
> On [2009-09-18 10:49:55] ZZMAN wrote:
> > I have called but no answer. How long does it take for you to build a engine.
>

T and L Engines has NOT returned my message from the 19th of Sept.

I will post the outcome here on Racing Junk

Have a nice day
ZZMAN
Old 10-01-2009, 07:38 AM
ZZMAN
APPRENTICE

Default Update

Hi

I just wanted to update the Racingjunk Forum.

I talked to T and L week of 9/22/09 they informed me that I would have the Dyno Video of our Engine week of 10/01/2009

I just got off the Phone with T and L Engines 10/01/09 and they reported that the engine was in the assembly stage and that was as of THREE (3) weeks ago.
and they said they will call me back with a Update on Fri 10/02/2009

looks like I will be having a 5 to 6 hr drive if this is not resolved in the next week or so.

ZZMAN
Old 10-01-2009, 09:19 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Update

Originally Posted by ZZMAN
Hi

I just wanted to update the Racingjunk Forum.

I talked to T and L week of 9/22/09 they informed me that I would have the Dyno Video of our Engine week of 10/01/2009

I just got off the Phone with T and L Engines 10/01/09 and they reported that the engine was in the assembly stage and that was as of THREE (3) weeks ago.
and they said they will call me back with a Update on Fri 10/02/2009

looks like I will be having a 5 to 6 hr drive if this is not resolved in the next week or so.

ZZMAN
id be making the drive !! and when your there remind them of everyone elses stuff on here also
Old 10-05-2009, 06:53 PM
kayece33
SHOW GUEST

We got an 540ci Chevy motor from them took about 2 months but we where not in a hurry.This was are first time dealing with them.We had no problems with phone calls or anything like that.When the motor was ready we made the drive to there place.Very nice and clean.The guys we talk to there where all nice.Did not have a problem with any of them.They had the motor on the Dyno ready to go.Made about 4 pulls on the Dyno and it made 898hp at 7000rpm..I am glad to say we have put over 125 runs on the motor and the only thing we have done is change the oil and Check Valve lash and switch it over to Alcohol..The motor has ran a best of a 5.28 at 130 mph in the 1/8 in a 2465 lbs car & driver.We are please with what we got and has been trouble free..
Old 10-16-2009, 06:47 AM
ZZMAN
APPRENTICE

I am glad you got your engine in Two Months.

Now T and L needs to setp up to the plate and ship us our Engine. like I said before T and L told us we would have our engine in MAY OF 2009 NOT MAY OF 2010. If T and L told us 9 months + we would have told them no thanks. When I get a hold of someone at T and L they always tells me let me check on the progress and call you back, but they never call back.
They need to get down to business and take care of there customers that have paid.

ZZMAN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -