Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone on here use Lucas oil treatment

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Does anyone on here use Lucas oil treatment

I use Brad Penn 20/50 oil and was wondering about using Lucas oil treatment with it.Does anyone know if the Lucas causes the oil to foam or is it good stuff to use?Thanks

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Lucas additives are very good...I would recommend them. Especially if you run an oil with little or no zinc you add the Lucas "Break-in" additive part #10063. Can also be used in every oil change. Zinc is a necessity for flat tappet cams. JMO

TS1955

Junior Member APPRENTICE

lucas oil

if you ever have a power-steering leak their product is great.

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    The Brad Penn oil is already very good.I don't think you need the addative

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Quote Originally Posted by rob41willys
    The Brad Penn oil is already very good.I don't think you need the addative
    Agreed. Brad Penn has (2) 20/50 oils... one in the racing line (prt# 7119) that is higher in ZDDP (zinc). The other is in the regular line.

The only thing I see any additives accomplishing is alot of agressive marketing. Remeber back in the 90's when people were paying $50.00 for one quart of "Slick 50??" It is all marketing. Use great oil & change it often. Scooter
    "I would walk through hell on Sunday before I fear the enemy"

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE oldandtired's Avatar
    x2 Rigsby.

The aggressive marketing is working. I can't afford a top fuel team, much less sponser a series!!!

Dave
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    FRAM OIL FILTERS IS A GREAT EXAMPLE OF MARKETING OF A CRAP PRODUCT. OFFICIAL FILTER OF NHRA , WHAT A JOKE!!

i use 1/2 bottle to every oil change. since the government regulated the ammount of zink that can be use in the majority of off the shelf oils, i dont think it would be a bad idea to boost the zinc level a little. if people are knocking cam lobs flat from the reduced ammount of zink, it must have gtreat lubricating properties. it might also help the wear of the other engine components

OIL

I run a 515 methanol injected chevy.15 to 1 compression and ive gotten tired of $100 PLUS OIL CHANGES. i NOW RUN 20 50 vr1 VALVOLINE RACING OIL AT $389 A QUART LAST 2 YEARS AND HAVNT HAD A DAM PROBLEM YET. yES IT HAS ZINC.

penn is ok,why not just buy it from advance auto.Its called kendall racing oil. yes it has zinc,cheaper too. penn bought the kendall brand.Alcohol injected cant beat the 20w50 vr1 with zinc for $3.89 a quart.Hope this helps.