GM AND CHRYSLER

Old 05-15-2009, 12:51 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Default GM AND CHRYSLER

CAN ANYBODY EXPLAIN WHY LESS DEALERSHIPS IS GOOD? MAKES NO SENCE http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/in..._cost_bu.htmlE
Old 05-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Less car lots full of cars that nobody can afford to buy.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:58 PM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Default government intervention?

Well once they closed the factories that produce them, there will be a supply problem when dealers need new inventory, so they are consolidating the dealerships, and now you will not be able to compare prices from dealer to dealer in your area like you are use to doing and will only have one of each brand now in your neighborhood. We were told that Opel executives made this decision for them this morning to save on delivery costs the automakers have with so many different locations and fewer delivery locations saves $. The government is involved in this whole mess, so conventional business sense will have nothing to do with the reasoning for this move. Never mind about the dealer's and mechanics that will be out of work, they are not union ya know?
Bruce
Old 05-15-2009, 05:55 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Yes sir, I work at a chrysler dealership been there for 21 year's now, the closing of dealerships saves auto makers money less warranty claims, they will have less to pay out and in return make money to get out of trouble, My dealership was saved, we got the green light yesterday.

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/163312
Old 05-15-2009, 06:23 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

HERE IN ORLAND PARK IL THE AUTO DEALER STRIP IS ABOUT 2 MILES LONG , EVERY MANUFACTURER IS REPRESENTED , DODGE DEALERSHIP CLOSED ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO AND CHRYSLER/JEEP DEALER IS ON THE CLOSING LIST. THIS LEAVES NO CHRYSLER DEALERSHIPS . OUR AREA HERE IS WHERE EVERYBODY ON THE SOUTHWEST SIDE OF CHICAGO AND THE SUROUNDING SUBURBS COMES TO SHOP FOR NEW CARS. THIS MAKES ABSOULTLY NO BUSSINESS SENSE AT ALL. IF THIS IS GOING ON NATIONWIDE THERE DEAD BEFORE COMMING OUT OF BANKRUPTCY. JMO
Old 05-15-2009, 06:44 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Yeah i know what you are talking about, Look at the GM dealerships, the Govt doesn't want them no closer than 50 miles, now that i don't understand :?: :?:

Old 05-15-2009, 07:07 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE, FOR ME , I WRENCH ON CHRYSLER PRODUCTS AND THE DEALER THAT IS GETTING THE AXE IS WHERE I GET MY DEALER PARTS, THE NEXT ONE CLOSE IS ALSO AXED, LOOKS LIKE A 25 TO THIRTY MILE TRIP FOR PARTS AND HAVE TO FORM A NEW RELATIONSHIP TO GET PRICING AGAIN. I LIKE THE PEOPLE I DEAL WITH NOW. IF YOU LOOK AT THE CLOSING LIST FOR CHRYSLER THESE ARE ALMOST ALL MOM AND POP DEALERS, NONE OF THEM BELONG TO THE NATIONWIDE DEALERS LIKE AUTO NATION. SO MUCH FOR SMALL BUSSINESS :cry: :cry:
Old 05-15-2009, 07:54 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I agree none of this makes sense, but that is what chrysler says is the reason [warranty] cost :!: less warranty less money sent out to dealers for work done :!:

Old 05-17-2009, 06:54 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

I GUESS THAT IS THE WAY SUITS HANDLE PROBLEMS , IF THE UNITS SOLD HAVE FAILURES UNDER WARRANTY . THERE GOING TO BE REPAIRED UNDER WARRANTY SOMEWHERE, BOOKED HRS ARE BOOKED HRS REGUARDLESS WHERE IT IS REPAIRED. I GUESS GM & CHRYSLER WONT HAVE TO PAY FOR PESKY WARRANTY WORK WHEN THERE NOT SELLING CARS ANYMORE. KINDA LIKE SHOOTING OFF YOUR FOOT TO TREAT A HANG NAIL :shock: :shock:
Old 05-17-2009, 08:01 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Well what i don't understand i if dealership closes then the warranty work has to go to another dealership, so this means some dealerships like mine the warranty work is going to double if not triple, so how have they saved any money? the car's - truck's etc has to be worked on at some dealer :!: :!:

''JUST MT TWO CENT'S WORTH''

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -