Good Luck!!!

Old 05-15-2009, 02:16 AM
kbartley
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Good Luck!!!

Thought I was finally going to get the chance to run my FED for the first time tonight during test/tune here at the local track. OF COARSE it's calling for rain all weekend again. Dont really feel like traveling too far for the first time out. Plus, I think I got a fella that is trying to scam me over a set of heads on here, so I need to keep an eye open. So, Good Luck to you fella's this weekend and as always have fun. Kris
Old 05-15-2009, 06:55 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Rain here also, so no racing this weekend :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/163312
Old 05-20-2009, 05:08 AM
kbartley
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Good Luck!!!

I said earlier in this post that I possibly might be getting scammed. At this point, well what do you guys think. Here's the lowdown. Around the first of march I traded a 235"RED roller I had posted on this site for some cash & a set of Aluminum Bowtieheads, Intake 18 degree. The heads were gone thru & serviced by a machinist that is located 2hrs. from me so weve met. Ok, I did this because I felt comfortable in doing the trade so I did. Supposedly the heads had been Vacuum Tested. I pulled the heads down just in case & could not find anything visibly wrong w/ them so I P.tested the springs and re-assembled the heads w/ ever intention of using them. I was in the middle of assembling my 15 degree eng. & decided just to try & sell the 18degree heads& intake. Here's where the possible SCAM comes in. I posted the heads & intake on here for $1800.00. A guy by the name Jim Saula from Pennsylvania calls me to ask me about the heads. He claims to be a round track racer & he wanted these heads for their b-up motor a 421c.i. 18degree. So I agreed to take $1600.00 & he sent me a bankcheck for the amt.. April 2, I met his son to give him the parts. 4 days later the man calls me back & says one of the heads was cracked & you could see. He would get his engine builder buddy to send me pictures. Ok, I never got the pictures or a follow up call or email. So, I'm starting to think somethings up here. I did not here from him April6-May13 when he called & said he wanted to get this resolved. I ignored the calls for the first couple of days because I thought he is full of shite. Then I answered this past saturday & he said he would even cover the shipping cost to get the parts back to me & once again promised to send pics at the first of this week. Here it is wednesday & still nothing. NOW, I HAVE NOOO PROBLEM GIVING HIM HIS MONEY BACK!!! How do I know that I'm getting my heads (that I know are good). Personally I think he is trying to pull the old switch-a-rony on me. LITTLE DOES HE KNOW THAT I MARKED THOSE PARTS BEFOE HE GOT THEM!!! What do you guy's think about this? Kris
Old 05-20-2009, 07:16 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

If you know the heads were good then I would say you are done with the deal. You have asked the guy not once but twice to show you the evidence and nothing has been provided. Plus if it was me and I spent $1600 on a set of cracked heads you would have had the proof by now not wait week after week before I try and contact you again. Just my opinion...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-20-2009, 09:12 AM
kbartley
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Good Luck!!!

That's the way I see it too. I am starting to wonder if maybe he got in over his head in making the decision to build a 18 degree motor and found out that (maybe )it wasn't permitted in the rule's or something. I dont know, not a roundy rounder. He did tell me he couldnt use them and I think that is the truth, but its been what 7-8weeks now. I dont know what they tried to do w/em. I think I am going to have to tell him that he owns them now because its been too long & I know the crack is B.S.. Kris p.s. I read youre ongoing ivestigation, damn shame a man has to go thru such shite.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:02 AM
kbartley
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Well???

Ok, here's an update. He called me up 34day's later to ask me if I got the pic's they supposedly sent which I did not. Then he said they had a problem sending them. Still don't know why he did not give me a follow-up call or message asking me if I got the pic's until 34 DAY'S later. Of coarse he said he had the wrong email address written down, I thought OK, that's poissible, so I gave him my email again and sure enough he got it right this time. Sent me 3 pics of an intake port (only) that is cracked. When you see the crack you can see where it had been repaired at one time. Now I don't sell busted shit to start with. If they were cracked I would have went back tothe guy I got them from. So the next time I talked to him over the phone I just agreed to meet him so I could just look at the heads. If my marks were on them & yeah the part#'s match what I have. Well, the drive for me was 3 hours away in the middle of the week so it was going to have to be a spur of the moment trip for me just to go. Realizing that morning that I could not make it, I called him to say that I couldn't swing it. Now keep in mind that with his job he was going to be at this location anyway. So when I called him I had to leave him a message, so I told him to send me the heads back as he had offered to do in the first place, but never did.. I did not here from him until later that night, he told me to call him. I have not received a phonecall or the head's at this point going on almost 2 week's now. Here is the thing, I know these are not my heads that he sent me the pic's of & not only that the last time I talked to him he said that both head's were cracked not just one. So I thought hell if this guy think's I'm going to forget about this whole thing and what the heads look like just because he is just letting time go buy, he is mistaken.

"Trust In The Lord & Keep You're Eye On Everyone Else"

Kris