slappyracing (#29344) What do you think?

Old 05-14-2009, 10:16 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Default slappyracing (#29344) What do you think?

slappyracing traded a friend of mine his 2004 Danny Nelson for my friends 27 Roadster. Slappyracing told him it was a 511 BBC and that since his roadster had a 468 BBC he needed $3000.00 boot. I told my friend I thought it was a pretty good trade straight across since his roadster was just one year old and had a $8000.00 paint job. They ended up trading with my friend giving $1500.00 boot. When slappyracing pictured the dragster it had 4.82 et on the dial in board. I told my friend I was skeptical that it would run that fast. When he got the dragster home, he pulled the engine to check bearing and such. Finding that the engine wasn't a 511, but a .070 over 469, with a GM crank. My friend kinda wrote it off as a learning experience from a bullsh#t artist. But today I looked at slappyracing new ads, well as you would know it the roadster is forsale. The roadster fastest et a 5.90. Quess whats on the the dial-in board a 5.28. Is it just me or is this misrepresentation? #1546627
Old 05-14-2009, 03:42 PM
robinhorn
CRAFTSMAN

These people feed off the power of Bull $hit. Buy a race car from the track bottom line. Seller makes 2 or 3 passes and the car sells itself. We all know buying a used car or motor it's just that USED.

It may come apart next pass but if all the gauges check good and the car runs it's a deal. Nothing less should do or think of it as buying a car as a roller no matter if the motor comes with it or not.

Think I will post ans see if he claims it will back it up and will he meet at the track.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:03 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Man that sucks parker. I almost did a deal with him a little over a year ago. Sounds like it was a good thing I didn't.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:38 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I sent the guy a message asking him the specs on the engine tranny and chassis and also what it runs on average, lets see if he replies...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-15-2009, 07:19 AM
txhunter69
EXPERT BUILDER

wow to be honest ive never seen the person your talkin about just write somethin off hell i aint never seen the man calm haha :lol:
Old 05-15-2009, 07:24 AM
bowhay
EXPERT BUILDER

i cant believe that
all i can say is i hope he dont get his hands on that old boy lol jk
Old 05-15-2009, 07:43 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

I have to agree with you two on that one. I think if he lets it get to him he'll end up driving to slappys house and given him a go old fashion ass whopping. I don't think slappy realizes who he's dealing with. He's definately not the calmest friend I have, but probably the best friend that I have. There still could be some fireworks over this one.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:05 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I did the same thing ''harbone'' no answer yet :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 05-15-2009, 08:47 AM
txhunter69
EXPERT BUILDER

well with him it aint dunna be no bottle rocket you'll see these fire works two states over
Old 05-16-2009, 10:00 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by robinhorn
These people feed off the power of Bull $hit. Buy a race car from the track bottom line. Seller makes 2 or 3 passes and the car sells itself. We all know buying a used car or motor it's just that USED.

It may come apart next pass but if all the gauges check good and the car runs it's a deal. Nothing less should do or think of it as buying a car as a roller no matter if the motor comes with it or not.

Think I will post ans see if he claims it will back it up and will he meet at the track.
My friend got the car he was looking for. He was just hoping that what the seller told him on the engine was accurate. And yes I know a used engine is a used engine, but the problem isn't that the engine blew up, its that he lied on the size and the parts in the engine. I'm glad you check every part out before you buy. But for me I have made deals where I didn't get to check out every part out before I received it, and had to take the seller word on some of the parts. Thats why I'm glad we have this feedback section to notify others when someone isn't an honest seller. This guy John Taylor should at least pay back the $1500.00 boot he got for having the bigger engine. As yes, I think this will cost him more than $1500.00 in the long run, since he is a wheeler/dealer. I sure he'll be selling something else down the line.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -