please help me out fellas roller rocker I.D.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:21 PM
racelikustolitlx
APPRENTICE

Default please help me out fellas roller rocker I.D.

I have a set of roller rockers for a sbf they are anodized a redish color. very nice looking rocker but they have no markings on them at all. reason I am asking I bought a brand new rebuilt 302 with my mustang and 51 miles later one of the rockers explodes on one side sending needle bearings thoughout my engine, and sure as hell one makes it all the way to the oil pump. needless to say the car is very loud and I never heard the failure I looked down and whoops no oil pressure immediatly shut the car down but it was to late the damage was done, can any one help????? I cant post pics my cam is junkin out on me, but the conjunction of the valve train was AFR 185cc heads, engine works pushrods, trick flow track max cam, .499/.510 thats not a big cam at all, and roller lifters thanks jessie
Old 05-09-2009, 12:29 PM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

They could be Harland sharp rockers. They used a reddish orange coating that I have seen before. Sorry about your engine. Throw the rest of them under your bench and don't just replace the damaged one.
Bruce
Old 05-09-2009, 01:04 PM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

x2 on Harland Sharp rockers.

TS1955
Old 05-09-2009, 01:13 PM
racelikustolitlx
APPRENTICE

true on the harlands but there's are more of an orange color. and I have never seen an unmarked harland rocker. these are more redish purple color. and yea I will trash the rest of them. I need a new set and dont know who I should go with and I dont even know what ratio these are. I want to find some one who needs a nitrous kit for a holley carb and has an extra set of rockers !! any takers competion cheater NOS kit all new thanks jessie
Old 05-09-2009, 01:21 PM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

They are likely 1.6 ratio. Oldsmobile used the same rocker ratio or at least harland thought there was no difference so they sold the same rocker to the olds customers that they used on a sbf, that is why I thought there was no part # on the rockers for my olds (back in the day), if you will. The color will and does fade over time and can look foreign due to the color change.
Bruce
Old 05-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

maybe PRO COMP or Scorpian??? Ebay is full of them

Old 05-09-2009, 01:42 PM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

There was a time when only a few manufactures were out there and this could never happen. tod74 has shown another possibility and I will bet there are more to choose from. The color matches better but they have a # on them? Harland sharp rockers cost me $180.00 for a set in 1985. I pay that much for 2 Jesell rockers today without hardware. Harland Sharps have not gone up in price much since then. Either I got ripped off then or they are junk now ......... or both. Get a set from another manufacturer that are rated for the spring pressure you are running then go one higher and you will be all set.
Bruce
Old 05-09-2009, 01:55 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Rockers

Do they look like these? They are a brand named StreetBeat. Probably not for anything with a serious spring or lift.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:57 PM
racelikustolitlx
APPRENTICE

I just went to harlands website and checked out what they had for AFR 185 heads. sure enough they are 1:6 harlands, the way they cnc the rocker is very distinct and the way you i.d. the ratio was right on the money with the harland website. I emailed tech support and told them I would send them all in. so they sould figure out why one failed so quickly and the others look brand new. I hope this works and I can get to the bottom of this quickly thanks for the help guys jessie
Old 05-09-2009, 02:23 PM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Awesome, good for you Jessie. You will likely have a excellent set if they send them to you.
Bruce

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -