Removing block filler from heads

Old 04-29-2009, 04:20 PM
tcarda
MASTER BUILDER

Default Removing block filler from heads

A friend of mine just bought some cast iron heads off of RJ and the ad didn't say that they were filled. Low and behold when he got them they were filled. Is there a way to get the block filler out or is he screwed?
Old 04-29-2009, 06:06 PM
radicalz
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: Removing block filler from heads

Originally Posted by tcarda
A friend of mine just bought some cast iron heads off of RJ and the ad didn't say that they were filled. Low and behold when he got them they were filled. Is there a way to get the block filler out or is he screwed?
sounds like someone used too much block fill...then tried to make money off the mistake....might wanna check with Curtis Boggs at Raceflow....he would be the person to ask
Old 04-30-2009, 05:21 AM
kbartley
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Block Filler In a set of Small Chevy Heads!!!!!!!

Are the heads completely filled??? or just a little bit? Somebody PLEASE EXPLAIN to me what the point of filling the heads would be because I never heard of it and definitely wouldn't try it!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:02 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

sounds like someone used too much block fill...then tried to make money off the mistake....[/quote]

x2 In the most remote possibility that someone was going to use a filled CI head for blown alcohol - maybe. But my guess (I agree with radicalz)somebody did not know what they were doing.
Dave
Old 04-30-2009, 10:22 AM
desoto30
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: Block Filler In a set of Small Chevy Heads!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by kbartley
Are the heads completely filled??? or just a little bit? Somebody PLEASE EXPLAIN to me what the point of filling the heads would be because I never heard of it and definitely wouldn't try it!!!
the only time that I could see a need to do this would be when the cylinder heads have a huge mill or angle mill job done & the squish area has become excessively thin to the point that collapse is possible
Old 05-01-2009, 01:04 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

If it were me, the question would be "How is the seller going to get the cylinder heads out of his butt...."
Old 05-01-2009, 03:40 AM
tcarda
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: Block Filler In a set of Small Chevy Heads!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by kbartley
They are filled completely. I don't know why anyone would do this either, but the only reason I can think of is that they were running alchohol???
Old 05-01-2009, 03:47 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
If it were me, the question would be "How is the seller going to get the cylinder heads out of his butt...."
...........hopefully, the most uncomfortable way possible, how about through his nose?
Old 05-01-2009, 04:01 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

I THINK YOUR SCREWED, LOOKED UP ON SUMMIT FOR MORRSO BLOCK FILLER , IN INSTRUCTIONS IT SAYS NON REMOVABLE http://static.summitracing.com/globa.../mor-35570.pdf
Old 05-01-2009, 06:23 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

DYNAMITE!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -