Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing block filler from heads

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Removing block filler from heads

A friend of mine just bought some cast iron heads off of RJ and the ad didn't say that they were filled. Low and behold when he got them they were filled. Is there a way to get the block filler out or is he screwed?

Re: Removing block filler from heads

Quote Originally Posted by tcarda
    A friend of mine just bought some cast iron heads off of RJ and the ad didn't say that they were filled. Low and behold when he got them they were filled. Is there a way to get the block filler out or is he screwed?
    sounds like someone used too much block fill...then tried to make money off the mistake....might wanna check with Curtis Boggs at Raceflow....he would be the person to ask

Block Filler In a set of Small Chevy Heads!!!!!!!

Are the heads completely filled??? or just a little bit? Somebody PLEASE EXPLAIN to me what the point of filling the heads would be because I never heard of it and definitely wouldn't try it!!!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE oldandtired's Avatar

sounds like someone used too much block fill...then tried to make money off the mistake....[/quote]

x2 In the most remote possibility that someone was going to use a filled CI head for blown alcohol - maybe. But my guess (I agree with radicalz)somebody did not know what they were doing.
    Dave

Member JUNIOR BUILDER

Re: Block Filler In a set of Small Chevy Heads!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kbartley
    Are the heads completely filled??? or just a little bit? Somebody PLEASE EXPLAIN to me what the point of filling the heads would be because I never heard of it and definitely wouldn't try it!!!
    the only time that I could see a need to do this would be when the cylinder heads have a huge mill or angle mill job done & the squish area has become excessively thin to the point that collapse is possible

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

If it were me, the question would be "How is the seller going to get the cylinder heads out of his butt...."

Re: Block Filler In a set of Small Chevy Heads!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kbartley
    They are filled completely. I don't know why anyone would do this either, but the only reason I can think of is that they were running alchohol???

Quote Originally Posted by Tod74
    If it were me, the question would be "How is the seller going to get the cylinder heads out of his butt...."
    ...........hopefully, the most uncomfortable way possible, how about through his nose?
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    **IN GOD WE TRUST**

I THINK YOUR SCREWED, LOOKED UP ON SUMMIT FOR MORRSO BLOCK FILLER , IN INSTRUCTIONS IT SAYS NON REMOVABLE http://static.summitracing.com/globa.../mor-35570.pdf

DYNAMITE!!!!!