Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Big Shot 400 - How to activate

  1. #1
    Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa - USA
    Posts
    218

    Big Shot 400 - How to activate

    I bought a car with a bbc and a big shot 400 nitrous system. I don't have all the documentation I really need. The question is when I push the button to start the solenoid, does it stay on until I push it again or do I have to hold it in?

  2. #2
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hobbs, NM
    Posts
    842

    Re: Big Shot 400 - How to activate

    Quote Originally Posted by jreiley
    I bought a car with a bbc and a big shot 400 nitrous system. I don't have all the documentation I really need. The question is when I push the button to start the solenoid, does it stay on until I push it again or do I have to hold it in?
    You will have to hold it. I would also put a switch on your throttle where NOS will only come on at WOT.

  3. #3
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coldwater, MI
    Posts
    2,998

    Re: Big Shot 400 - How to activate

    Quote Originally Posted by dparker
    Quote Originally Posted by jreiley
    I bought a car with a bbc and a big shot 400 nitrous system. I don't have all the documentation I really need. The question is when I push the button to start the solenoid, does it stay on until I push it again or do I have to hold it in?
    You will have to hold it. I would also put a switch on your throttle where NOS will only come on at WOT.
    x2 and I go as far as putting a fuel saftey pressure switch so it has to have atlead 5lbs of pressure.
    I have mine setup for both ways, push button and timer, push button is much more fun
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

    Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa - USA
    Posts
    218
    Thanks.....................

  5. #5
    Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Napier, New Zealand
    Posts
    230
    You shouldn't activate the nos unless you have wide open throttle or it could get ugly. And they say no more than 20 seconds. Go to the Holley website and you can download instructions for the Big Shot kit. Make sure your engine is built to handle nitrous and don't go giving it a shitload right away. Start small and increase the jetting gradually.
    It Ain't Over Til Its NOVA - 634ci of S*#t Your Pants!

  6. #6
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hobbs, NM
    Posts
    842
    Quote Originally Posted by chevyfireball
    You shouldn't activate the nos unless you have wide open throttle or it could get ugly. And they say no more than 20 seconds. Go to the Holley website and you can download instructions for the Big Shot kit. Make sure your engine is built to handle nitrous and don't go giving it a shitload right away. Start small and increase the jetting gradually.
    20 seconds, how long is your track? lol.

  7. #7
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE THERATTLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    LICKSKILLET , MISSISSIPPI
    Posts
    1,474
    must be for the street application :lol:
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***GOD BLESS AMERICA******

  8. #8
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hobbs, NM
    Posts
    842
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac
    must be for the street application :lol:
    I don't know, but I'd hate to be to close around the 19th second.....

  9. #9
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE THERATTLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    LICKSKILLET , MISSISSIPPI
    Posts
    1,474
    PARKER , CHECK OUT MY POST ON "IN THE PITS" IT IS VERY INFORMATIVE ON HOW NITROUS WORKS. :lol:
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***GOD BLESS AMERICA******

  10. #10
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hobbs, NM
    Posts
    842
    Now I understand. Was that bowhay and txhunter as your pitchmen?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright © 2005-2016 RacingJunk.com All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the RacingJunk.com
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy