HELP!! Need to find radiator for our motorhome!!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 02:54 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Default HELP!! Need to find radiator for our motorhome!!!!

Need to find a radiator for a 2001 Holiday Rambler Ambassador with 5.9 Cummings diesel. Anyone know where I can find one or get one built. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:43 PM
markadams
JUNIOR BUILDER

Shawn,
You should have a radiator repair shop in your town. There everywhere. Check your local yellow pages...
Old 04-29-2009, 09:36 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Yellow pages - Key word "radiator"
Old 04-30-2009, 05:13 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Local shops don't want to work with the aluminum radiator. This is large unit out of a pusher. The good ones that could have or would have done it around here are out of business or retired. The ones you can find want the same cost to repair it as a new unit would cost from the company that makes them for Monaco. Still waiting on Saldona to give me a price. I was hoping to find a good shop that could work with this or build the new one without a $2100 price tag.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:33 PM
markadams
JUNIOR BUILDER

Have you checked for a RV salvage yard? Wow $2100 I'd be checking everywhere too. I know there are some salvage yards that specialize in RV's. I have good luck using car-part.com.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:47 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I have tried. Finding parts for these things is like a needle in a hay stack. I did find the best info at rv.net. Good help there but end results, 1 company makes the factory replacement and it is the company that makes them for the factory. $2100 plus shipping with a 4 week turn around time. Detroit Radiator quoted $1400 and 3 days. Got it clear to Detroit and was told $2000 and 3 weeks. That pissed me off. Sure is nice to have the features of the motorhome but damn, the truck never gave me problems.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:45 PM
markadams
JUNIOR BUILDER

1800 radiator, modine, any aftermarket supplier. All I can think of.