BBC Big M heads on 598?

Old 04-27-2009, 01:01 PM
LuckyDawgRacing
CRAFTSMAN

Default BBC Big M heads on 598?

I'm putting back together my 598 and have someone who wants to trade me a set of dart big m heads for my bb2x's both sets are not ported, and the cam I'm using is 799 lift and 288 duration on a 110 c/l running alky inj. and shifting a 4 spd at 7500 crossing the stripe at 7775. I want to know if its worth trading heads or not. will the big m's make more hp?
Old 04-27-2009, 06:28 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: BBC Big M heads on 598?

Originally Posted by LuckyDawgRacing
I'm putting back together my 598 and have someone who wants to trade me a set of dart big m heads for my bb2x's both sets are not ported, and the cam I'm using is 799 lift and 288 duration on a 110 c/l running alky inj. and shifting a 4 spd at 7500 crossing the stripe at 7775. I want to know if its worth trading heads or not. will the big m's make more hp?

Them big m's are actually very good heads. I had them on my 548 everyone said they were way to big, so I swapped to dart 355's cnc'd and lost a few hundreths. They would be excellent on a 598
Old 04-27-2009, 06:50 PM
tcarda
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by hammertime

Them big m's are actually very good heads. I had them on my 548 everyone said they were way to big, so I swapped to dart 355's cnc'd and lost a few hundreths. They would be excellent on a 598
Kinda funny you said that hammertime. When I was building my 540 I found a set of Big M heads and I had two different builders tell me that they were too big and that they would be good for either a 572+ cu in motor or a smaller supercharged motor. I bought the Dart 355 cnc heads too, ran them two seasons, and then sold them. I was not happy with 355s at all.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:45 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by tcarda
Originally Posted by hammertime

Kinda funny you said that hammertime. When I was building my 540 I found a set of Big M heads and I had two different builders tell me that they were too big and that they would be good for either a 572+ cu in motor or a smaller supercharged motor. I bought the Dart 355 cnc heads too, ran them two seasons, and then sold them. I was not happy with 355s at all.
Myself either, I thought they were a poor head for how much they are talked up. My big m's were took to a local head porter he really liked them on his flow bench, said they were one of the best conv heads he had seen (3-4 years ago)
Old 05-05-2009, 05:36 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Are you guys crazy?? Lol . I would have traded you 2 sets of 355's for big M's. and been happy! What else do yall have to trade? lol.

Use the M's or better yet call Race Flow Development and have Curtis build you a set of Edelbrock BBC heads! :wink:
Old 05-05-2009, 05:47 PM
tcarda
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Are you guys crazy?? Lol . I would have traded you 2 sets of 355's for big M's. and been happy! What else do yall have to trade? lol.

Use the M's or better yet call Race Flow Development and have Curtis build you a set of Edelbrock BBC heads! :wink:
X2!! That is exactly what I did! The flow numbers are awesome from the RFD Edelbrock heads and they are cheaper than a set of Dart 355 CNC Pro 1 heads. Curtis will treat you right and he will answer any questions you have. I can't say enough good things about him. My only problem is finding an intake that will flow what the heads do. I have a Reher-Morrison CNC Super Victor.....and I don't think thats not good enough for my application. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 05-05-2009, 05:53 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

U would have been better off with a Sniper intake.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:58 PM
tcarda
MASTER BUILDER

I have not bought anything yet, but I am looking. I had the Super victor on my 540 with the Dart 355s and I believe that one is sold. Basically I am updgrading everything along with the Edelbrock heads. The carb is Pro-Systems 1600 cfm.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:08 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I don't know squat about Small Blocks but trust me on BBC.
http://www.profilerperformance.com/b...ntake-206.html

If you really want to make some big hp with a big inch motor call my buddy Steve Vance Racing Engines. He will put you in the Winners Circle and all the others in the Whinners Circle!! Tell him I sent you!!

Steve Vance
Concord, NC 28027
ph: 704-701-4235
[email protected]
Old 05-05-2009, 08:06 PM
tcarda
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks for the info Rabbit. Did Steve do your 632?

My engine will be a 532 cu in BBC with RFD's Victor heads and Pro Systems carb on a Super Stock Pulling Truck. I know where I want my H.P. to be, but I need the right combination to get it there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -