Dealing with hpman

Old 04-23-2009, 06:33 AM
thundermaker
APPRENTICE

Default Dealing with hpman

I bought a pair of flowmaster mufflers with collector flanges and turn downs on them- ad #1511835. When I got them, I cut the collector flange off so I could rotate the muffler to make them fit my header collector and cut the turn down off to put a mandrel bent turn down on it. The turn down was made from a exhaust shop bender-it was oval at the bend and was welded directly to the case. I don't know why they cut the stup off. Well, when I cut it, I measured the hole to see what it would take to get it round again-thats when I realized they were 3" mufflers. A 3 1/2" collector to 3" and 3" mufflers.

Needless to say, I wanted my money back and wanted him to pay for shipping back to him- I'm already out $20 to get them to me. I have pics of everything also.

These are my messages on RJ below so far with him and its not going anywhere. He said he would refund my money until I sent him some pics and saw I cut the collectors, and turn downs off. I told him I can put them back on but thats not good enough.

I think he should man up and do the right thing.

First off, why would I question what I bought when you said it is 3 1/2".

I told you I cut everything off and cleaned everything nicely, the collectors and turn downs to weld back on.

I don't think you understand that the flanges on headers are not the same position from header to header. If someone buys them they would have to cut them and rotate the muffler to make them work on there header. Thats why I cut them to make them work on my headers. I can weld the turndown back and the welds would look better.

If I didn't cut them, you would use them and I could get my money back? If thats the case, send me traced pic of your collector flange, mark the center of the collector, then use a level to mark a vertical and horizontal line so I know how to clock the muffler to the collector.

I have given you every option that I can do to make them original and plenty of time to solve this problem. It doesn't matter if I cut them or not, but I can get them back to original and anybody else would have refunded my money and paid to have them shipped. Do the right thing- give me my money back.

On [2009-04-22 18:12:42] hpman wrote:
> Hi Aaron, I sent you the message before I seen you cut the mufflers into 3 pieces. I relize I made a mistake on the pipe size but you should have made sure before cutting them up that they were for whatever you were working on. I am not sure what to do because they are no use to me in the shape they are now. I will ask the exhaust guy what he will charge me to weld them back together and let you know what he says. I will want to back that amount out of the original purchase price. Please keep in mind that if they were not cut I would have sent you the money back with no question asked but now I have an expense to return them to there original condition and it would be very hard to sell them in this condition. If you feel the need to contact racingjunk to help us with this matter please do. Thanks Donnie
>
> On [2009-04-21 23:34:56] thundermaker wrote:
> > I sent a reply on the 17th, your not going to make this right? My next step is notifying RJ on this matter. I have given you enough time to make it right.
> >
> > On [2009-04-16 21:29:31] hpman wrote:
> > > SORRY WE ARE MOVING AND COMCAST HAS TAKEN 2 DAYS TO GET OUR COMPUTER WORKING SO I CAN USE IT. I CAN SEND YOU THE MONEY NO PROBLEM WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO FOR SHIPPING?? THANKS DONNIE
> > >
> > > On [2009-04-16 21:17:09] thundermaker wrote:
> > > > I sent the pics monday by email, and I left messages on your phone- please call, I want to know if your going refund my money and take the mufflers back.
> > > >
> > > > Aaron
> > > > 906-458-0791
> > > > 906-273-0308
> > > >
> > > > On [2009-04-13 20:49:01] hpman wrote:
> > > > > I checked my email and didnt see any yet I will check when I get back home I have to run into town before the store closes but I will get back with you. Thanks Donnie.....
> > > > >
> > > > > On [2009-04-13 20:25:50] thundermaker wrote:
> > > > > > Hi- Please call me about the flowmaster mufflers 906-458-0791 or 906-273-0308
> > > > > > I'll send pics on the outlets to your email.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Aaron
Old 04-23-2009, 07:13 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default ?

I Know what i would DO!!
But,thats JMO......?
Later
G 8)
Old 04-23-2009, 07:52 AM
thundermaker
APPRENTICE

Default Re: ?

Originally Posted by bbchevy
I Know what i would DO!!
But,thats JMO......?
Later
G 8)
Your going to have to tell me, I don't don't know what to think.lol. I would have gave them there money back, especially if I sold something that advertized wrong, no matter what. Should I just butcher the case and weld 3 1/2" pipe on it. Or make it right-give the money back.

I'm just disappointed in this hole ordeal and now I have try to sell them when I shouldn't have to. I've got $93 into them-yeah its not much but thats not the point.

Tell me if I'm right or wrong to bitch and what would you do. If I'm right, maybe he will see other members points and make it right.

Thanks- Aaron
Old 04-23-2009, 08:00 AM
txhunter69
EXPERT BUILDER

if it were me i would have just welded them beck together before i told him but since your past that point i would weld them back up and message bowhay about them hes lookin for some exaust and he might take them just an idea
Old 04-23-2009, 10:52 AM
stang440
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

think of ot this way..if you buy something from the store take it home and cut it up to fit what ur working on and then find out that it was packaged wrong and was not right to start with the store is not going to give you a refund. they would tell you that you should have checked to make sure it was correct before you pulled out the hacksaw..... JUST MY TWO CENTS WORTH>>>>>>
Old 04-23-2009, 11:02 AM
thundermaker
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by stang440
think of ot this way..if you buy something from the store take it home and cut it up to fit what ur working on and then find out that it was packaged wrong and was not right to start with the store is not going to give you a refund. they would tell you that you should have checked to make sure it was correct before you pulled out the hacksaw..... JUST MY TWO CENTS WORTH>>>>>>
No- your wrong, thats false advertizement, it goes back on the store. Besides, I told him I would weld them back the way they were.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:01 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

:shock: WELL Here we go , come on here and start telling people that "YOU ARE WRONG" ..when you come on a public forum and complain about someone you will get everybodys opion about the subject , that doesn't make them right or wrong , that is their feelings on the matter....I feel the same way , from the way it sound , the man didn't try to scam you , he made a mistake and admited it , but I don't really blame him for not wanting to give a full refund after you cut them up...thats my feelings on the matter , doesn't make me right or wrong , just my thoughts , if you don't want to hear everybodys feelings then don't come on here ,,that is what a forum is... just my thoughts
Old 04-23-2009, 12:21 PM
thundermaker
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by maniac
:shock: WELL Here we go , come on here and start telling people that "YOU ARE WRONG" ..when you come on a public forum and complain about someone you will get everybodys opion about the subject , that doesn't make them right or wrong , that is their feelings on the matter....I feel the same way , from the way it sound , the man didn't try to scam you , he made a mistake and admited it , but I don't really blame him for not wanting to give a full refund after you cut them up...thats my feelings on the matter , doesn't make me right or wrong , just my thoughts , if you don't want to hear everybodys feelings then don't come on here ,,that is what a forum is... just my thoughts
I'm sorry If i hurt anybodies feelings on what I said. I came on here to see what everybody elses thoughts were on this matter. If the census says I'm screwed because I cut the collector flange off and turndowns-even thought I could weld them back on, and look better then before-thats fine. I can try to sell them, case closed

Thanks
Old 04-23-2009, 12:45 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default ?

Originally Posted by thundermaker
Originally Posted by maniac
I'm sorry If i hurt anybodies feelings on what I said. I came on here to see what everybody elses thoughts were on this matter. If the census says I'm screwed because I cut the collector flange off and turndowns-even thought I could weld them back on, and look better then before-thats fine. I can try to sell them, case closed

Thanks
If you CLOSE the Case?Thats a GOOD Thing! IMO
Old 04-23-2009, 02:37 PM
hpman
SHOW GUEST

Default Mufflers

I had no problem what so ever returning all of the money for the mufflers and paying for shipping back to me as it was a mistake of the muffler pipe size and I sent him an email saying just that. I just got the 3 1/2 collector size in my head and made the mistake when listing the add with several other parts. I also sent 2 very good pictures of the mufflers to him before shipping them. With that said when I seen the pics of the mufflers after they had been cut into 6 pieces I felt at that point it changed everything and they no longer had value to me for resale and were destroyed. I am not out to get anybody and want nothing more but good relations with this site and all the people on it. I have several members I have sold to and never had a problem.......I do have before and after pictures if anyone would like to see them....... Thanks HP MAN[/img]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -