Thread: New weather station

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

New weather station

I am looking at picking up a new weather station (my first) and am needing feedback from members who have experience with the Computech RaceAir Pro (my first choice) and the Altronics Perform Aire. Both cost the same but the RaceAir seems to have more features. I can get the comparable features in an Altronics unit but I would have to step a model or two and the price would increase accordingly. I would like a trailer mounted unit but the price is just too high right now.

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    I am not familiar with the Computech version. I have the Performaire II and I love it. It works pretty good. There were plenty of times that it said something I didnt believe and it was right...lol
    Josh VanHorne

1964 Chevy Nova
    Worlds quickest and fastest tow truck. (9.92 @ 137)

http://static.racingjunk.com/63/ui/7...247837-479.jpg

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/211708

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    I have the perform aire also and have second guessed it a number of times Josh and got spanked LOL. Just human nature. I found that as long as you put "good" runs in it, it will give you accurate info.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    I just watch the local news and when we get to the track, I take a deep breath of air and dial in from that. :lol:

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Throwing grass into the wind can be helpful also.
    I use a Perform aire eclipse that is very easy to use and seems to be accurate. I have had it for two years. I previously used a wet dry bulb, altimeter and temp meter to calculate the density altitude and one day woke up and decided to remove that time consuming job from my program and bought the eclipse. The dam thing gave nearly the same answer that the wet dry calculations gave me in one min. With my racer discount at jegs I paid $499.00, the asking price is $599.00
    Bruce

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I running a Perform Aire trailer setup. What I like the most is that it can be in the sun and not effect the numbers. It also gives wind speed and direction. With a hand held your always having to manuver it around the sunlight to keep the numbers accurate. I also have Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro 7.0 as a predictor for your car, that uses the numbers obtained by the Perform Aire system.