Ultra Tech Race Engines (thumbs down)

Old 04-21-2009, 06:57 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Ultra Tech Race Engines (thumbs down)

Hello All,

This off season I decided to try and go a cheaper route and have a buddy put my stuff together and use a local machine shop. The machine/motor shop was Ultra Tech Race Engines only because the buddy helping uses him only. I didnt care for this shop from a past deal and said I wouldnt use him again, after a lot of thought I went ahead and used them.

Had several things done that I knew were going to be needed, valve job, bore, hone, new pistons, new rods, re-balance. After getting the motor done we fired it up and had a few issues (heli-coil pulled out of a rocker stand mount) so I had to pull the heads off and decided to just get inserts put in it. A quick call to Nyes Automotive and my motor was down there a few days later, yesterday I find out the damages.

1. Seats are cut way to far, heads need new seats
2. Pistons are out of the bore 6 thousands
3. Pistons have 8.5 thousands pistons to wall (spec 6 thousands)

I informed my buddy of these issues, he called Ultra Tech and Ultra calls and leaves me a 5 minute voicemail of how this so called motor shop fixing them is clueless because he didnt touch the seats ( ok if not how come lash caps were fine last year and wont even come close this year), he also had no idea why the pistons were out of the bore they should of been .005 in the bore, just a LONG list of defensive remarks and added a few smart remarks in there about Nyes and myself. I attempted to call him back SEVERAL times with no answer. I paid him upwards of $3000.00 to do all the work and parts, and now get to pay another $1500.00 to fix his work.

SO my fellow racers STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY

and THANKS A TON TO Nyes Automotive for offering to fix the mess and not questioning why I didnt bring there again over the winter. They will have it fixed and ready for me to pick up by the weekend so I can hopefully race.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:17 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry to hear about the mishap David. Glad to hear Nye's is taking care of you. Is the honeymoon still going on? :wink:
Old 04-21-2009, 09:19 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BEAST477
Sorry to hear about the mishap David. Glad to hear Nye's is taking care of you. Is the honeymoon still going on? :wink:
Nyes sure has stepped up to help me out once again, anyone looking for a freshen up, parts, short block or complete engine should give Nyes a look.

Got back saturday afternoon, nice week vacation did a lot of stuff seen a ton of nice cars down there. You race last weekend ? watching the weather for this weekend 80 degrees sure hope I get it all done and ready
Old 04-21-2009, 09:33 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Nope didn't make it last weekend had honeydo's to get done. I'm going to be there this weekend. I'll look you up.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:07 AM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

this is great news to here about Nyes.we are just about ready to order a 540 pump gas motor from them.and i think this just sealed the deal..
Old 04-21-2009, 01:58 PM
txhunter69
EXPERT BUILDER

does anyone know if they have a web site or can you give me a phone # im needin some parts
Old 04-21-2009, 02:39 PM
wvhippie
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by txhunter69
does anyone know if they have a web site or can you give me a phone # im needin some parts
They have a web site just put in Nyes automotive in a search engine and it should point you in the right direction.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:46 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Nyes

http://www.nyesautomotive.net/
Old 04-21-2009, 06:24 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bigray
this is great news to here about Nyes.we are just about ready to order a 540 pump gas motor from them.and i think this just sealed the deal..
tell him David Lanning sent ya .. you wont be sorry he has been good to me and reminded me why ya go back to someone like that and not try to save a few bucks.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:09 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

David i do feel for you, and a lot of other racers out there that cannot check what they are getting back from the machine shop. I personally assembly every engine that i build, an i am amased at what the machine shops try to pass on to the customers. Now i know that most engines will perform well from the reputitably builders, but trust me you are not usuaslly getting what you were promised or what the tolerance were supposed to be. With todays compitition, a lot of the builders are just throwing them together, and hope they live a few passes, and then you own it, no warentee, (race Motor)
Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -