Water/methanol injection?

Old 04-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Jordan1984
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Water/methanol injection?

Water/methanol injection - can I use this on a naturally aspirated engine or does this have to be used with forced induction, such as a turbo or supercharger? If so, what kind of power gains can I expect?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:53 AM
LuckyDawgRacing
CRAFTSMAN

yes it can be NA. I had a buddy who made a homemade setup and used windshield wiper fluid and when turned on you could actually hear the motor pickup. How much? It all depends on how radical the motor is to begin with. the higher the comp and larger the cam the better the amount of pickup
Old 04-20-2009, 06:42 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

I would leave it alone more hassle than its worth in my opinion.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I thought the main purpose was to prevent detonation?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:01 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by LuckyDawgRacing
yes it can be NA. I had a buddy who made a homemade setup and used windshield wiper fluid and when turned on you could actually hear the motor pickup. How much? It all depends on how radical the motor is to begin with. the higher the comp and larger the cam the better the amount of pickup
Wait a minute, windshield washer fluid?

That stuff is caustic and hardly has any water in it, I can't imagine anyone injected that in their engine.

Sure you didnt mean he used a windshield washer fluid pump to injected the water maybe?
Old 04-21-2009, 04:18 AM
fatjodycat
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Jegs has a kit that Painless Performance puts out. Windsheild washer fluid is 50%methanol and 50% water. Thats what they use. From what I understand this was used back in WW2 in the fighter planes for more power. The kit that painless puts out is for turbo or blower applicatioms with boost. I think it says its good for an additional 70 or so HP.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:00 AM
fatjodycat
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

I found a site www.alcoholinjectionsystems.co that has water/methanol systems for nitrous, boost, and naturaly asperated engines. It has some faq"s that might help anyone interested in this. I didnt know you could do this with a NA motor. Interesting stuff. It seems the water/methanol cools the intake charge and reduces exhaust gas temps. It enhances combustion like high octane fuel. Hope this helps.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:01 AM
fatjodycat
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Sorry, thats www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com
Old 04-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Jordan1984
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Will a naturally aspirated engine run a quicker e.t with water/methanol is what I am trying to get at. Any body had any luck using it?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:53 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

:shock: :shock: :shock: I DO BELIEVE I HAVE HEARD IT ALL :?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -