nonprofit drag racing program for foster kids (teens)

Old 04-17-2009, 12:48 PM
buildcars
APPRENTICE

Default nonprofit drag racing program for foster kids (teens)

I am trying to get a program off the ground for kids that have been put in the foster system. I live in Coos Bay, Oregon and we have an 1/8 mile track here and a 1/4 mile track about 125 miles away. I have a letter from the state of Oregon backing this program, but they will not finance it(no money). I have my tax ID number for this nonprofit program and I also have the team name, GK Racing (Gods Kids Racing). I have been trying here in my home town to get donations but have fallen short of what is needed to get this project off the ground. Does anyone have some ideas? Or maybe a donation. Thanks! DAVE
Old 04-17-2009, 11:18 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Sounds like a great idea Dave.
But I can tell you this, what your asking for is a tough sell without some credentials.
I'm sure some on here and maybe even me would gladly donate to such a note worthy cause, but c'mon dude your post in kinda looking more like a scam than a good idea right now.

Cough up the info, a valid link or something.
JMO> Cp
Old 04-18-2009, 07:21 AM
buildcars
APPRENTICE

Default Re: nonprofit drag racing program for foster kids (teens)

Originally Posted by buildcars
I am trying to get a program off the ground for kids that have been put in the foster system. I live in Coos Bay, Oregon and we have an 1/8 mile track here and a 1/4 mile track about 125 miles away. I have a letter from the state of Oregon backing this program, but they will not finance it(no money). I have my tax ID number for this nonprofit program and I also have the team name, GK Racing (Gods Kids Racing). I have been trying here in my home town to get donations but have fallen short of what is needed to get this project off the ground. Does anyone have some ideas? Or maybe a donation. Thanks! DAVE
This is not a scam. My name is Dave Marshall. The tax ID # for this project is 26-4594106. The superviser that is in charge at the department of human resources is Mike Craig phone # 541-756-5500 ext 257. Iv'e been a foster dad for awhile and have been asked by this department to start a program for these teen kids. I don't know how to post the letter on this forum or I would. I have sent out hundreds of letters in my area with all the credentials to show proof of my intent[/b][/url][/quote][/list]
Old 04-18-2009, 07:48 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I agree with ''cepx'' sounds good, and there is alot of great folks here, you must prove what you are asking for, If you can prove it trust me you won't have a problem on here with getting help :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/163312
Old 04-18-2009, 08:14 AM
buildcars
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by buildcars
I have posted more info on this program. Short of meeting anyone interested, I have no idea what more I can do to prove my intent.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:30 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Post the paper work you have this subject :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/163312
Old 04-18-2009, 12:15 PM
buildcars
APPRENTICE

[quote="buildcars"]I am trying to get a program off the ground for kids that have been put in the foster system. I live in Coos Bay, Oregon and we have an 1/8 mile track here and a 1/4 mile track about 125 miles away. I have a letter from the state of Oregon backing this program, but they will not finance it(no money). I have my tax ID number for this nonprofit program and I also have the team name, GK Racing (Gods Kids Racing). I have been trying here in my home town to get donations but have fallen short of what is needed to get this project off the ground. Does anyone have some ideas? Or maybe a donation. Thanks! DAVE
Does anyone know how to post documents on this site? I have a fax machine/copier.
[/i][/code]
Old 04-18-2009, 08:27 PM
buildcars
APPRENTICE

Default this is not a scam, it's the real thing

I am an owner operator on the west coast. My wife and I have been taking care of foster kids for awhile now. It was suggested to me by the department of human resources (DHS) in my area to open my shop to teen age boys in the foster system. My hobby is musclecar. I use to drag race when I was a kids, so it's been a while. I thought instead of building a muscle car, we would build and race a drag car. I am new at asking for funding on a project. I don't have the resources, myself, to fund this program or I would. It is an awesome project, but most of you think it is a scam(it's not). If there is anyone out there that can walk me though the steps and help get these kids started on a car, PLEASE let me know. I have a 70 chevy stepside pickup that I have donated to this project. We just need motor, trans and rearend. I don't know how to post the documentation I have from DHS. Can anyone help me?
Old 04-19-2009, 05:09 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I'd take pics of the truck and your paperwork to local part stores and speed shops.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:23 AM
buildcars
APPRENTICE

Default I tried that

I went to different businesses, parts houses and machine shops. All the same answer, sounds like a great thing you're doing, but things are tight right now. I have gotten a few donations but not enough to build and race the pickup this year. That is why I posted it on this forum. I appreciated the reply, but I'm hitting a wall here, and am not sure how to continue. HELP