made in usa

Old 04-15-2009, 06:19 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Default made in usa

I AM FROM A STEEL FAMILY & COULDN,T SAY IT BETTER http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PvlUmxOYI8
Old 04-15-2009, 06:51 PM
radicalz
MASTER BUILDER

I agree we should all buy American.... 8) 8)
Old 04-16-2009, 02:57 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i agree 100%. i hate to buy something made overseas. but sometimes i have no choice.but ill tell you this i DONT OWN A IMPORT CAR!and fly the american flag.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:10 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

you know that almost everything is made in china now, well i found
a bunch of new parts left over from the 70's and the double roller
chain was in a box wraped in wax paper and the gear had,
"made in japan", now that is rare these days, i have tried hard to
only purchase american parts but its getting harder, but unions realy
drive the price up and make it hard to save money, good luck :wink:
Old 04-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Our compound bows are all made in the USA which is really nice. Our parent company (Savage Arms) is all US made as well. All of our parts are all made here on water jets, CNC's, etc... all forging is here. This is a rare thing....

Now, if we picked up & moved to China to make the same product, we would immediately save 11% in excise tax right away. After that, labor would be reduced by over 50%. At $900,000 every 2 weeks just for our bow company, you can do the math... we would save a ton. Materials would cost less, we would not have to give the government near as much.

With all of this in mind (plus the benifits I do not even mention)... I can see why so many companies all have moved away. Some to make more money to be more profitable, & some just to stay alive (like Briggs & Stratton). You guys are all right... very few USA companies are around any more. Obama wants to tax us USA companies even more now with "carbon taxes" & other energy taxes... it is sad that we are all dying as it is. scoot
Old 04-16-2009, 02:48 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

I am very thankful for the companies we have left and buy products made in the usa when possible, I am a big label reader but its getting more difficult as time goes on. between legal costs the various government regulations that pertain to employers of 50 or more, taxes , higher wages, etc. its a wonder that any of them can stay in business at all. its hard to compete against low wage workers , no envromental regulation,communist country owned factories . IS THIS WHAT WE CALL FAIR TRADE? DO WE HAVE TO LOWER OUR STANDARD OF LIVING TO THERES TO COMPETE? HIGHER TAXES AND CARBON CAP AND TRADE OR ANY CARBON TAX OF ANY KIND WILL BE THE FINAL NAIL IN THE COFFIN TO MANUFACTURING OF ANY KIND IN THIS COUNTRY!! :shock: :shock:
Old 04-16-2009, 04:26 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

This is EXACTLY where the 'Progressives' want to take U.S.. They want a total population under their total control through being a welfare state where you don't do as they say then you don't eat. COMMUNISM plain and simple.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:30 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

DEPENDENCY IS POWER.