Thread: cast cyl heads

Junior Member JOURNEYMAN

cast cyl heads

i have a pair of cast bbc heads the are stamped hi performance should i have these heads reworked and dun up and use them or should i buy a set of aluminum heads ? i pulled the numbers and from what i found out they are 119cc chamber with rectangle ports .they had roller rockers on them when i got them .from what i can they look to be in good shape .some feed back would be nice ? thanks rick

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    What are the last 3 casting numbers and what do you want to do with them or your application?

Re: cast cyl heads

Quote Originally Posted by rhiasdaddy
    i have a pair of cast bbc heads the are stamped hi performance should i have these heads reworked and dun up and use them or should i buy a set of aluminum heads ? i pulled the numbers and from what i found out they are 119cc chamber with rectangle ports .they had roller rockers on them when i got them .from what i can they look to be in good shape .some feed back would be nice ? thanks rick
    those are pretty good heads you have there will support up to 600+hp with a little work....contact Curtis Boggs at Raceflow Development he should be able to make them better.....

Junior Member JOURNEYMAN

cast cyl heads

i want to use them for drag racing

Quote Originally Posted by radicalz
    those are pretty good heads you have there will support up to 600+hp with a little work....contact Curtis Boggs at Raceflow Development he should be able to make them better.....
    Not sure, but does Curtis work on cast iron heads? I just bought the 24 degree Edelbrock heads from him and I will be dynoing in 3 weeks...cant wait.

Rick, those heads have some good potential. My 469 (0.070 over 454) had those heads on it with mild port job (2.25 intakes and 1.88 exhaust) 13.9 compression, CompCam, Victor Jr. intake, and 1000 cfm carb, and it dynoed at 693 hp @ 7300 rpm. In one of our classes they have to run OEM cast iron heads and that casting # and the 990's are the ones they use. I know of a couple other motors that middle 700 hp levels and one that is over 800 on the dyno. It all depends on how much $$$ you want to spend.

alcohol injected 505 bb, 990 heads hogged out,763 hp at the wheels, 893hp at the crank....