Crane Cams

Old 04-13-2009, 08:16 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Crane Cams

I recieved this in an email this morning.

Zip.

Daytona Beach, FL - The sale of Crane Cams is on! Today, Crane Cams announced that it is "...committed to its scheduled auction date of April 22, and is entertaining as many interested buyers as possible." Crane Cams further stated that "Crane has no agreement to sell its assets to Scorpion Performance, nor has it received any offer of any kind from Scorpion."

Read the Press Release from Crane Cams, Inc.

LiquiTec was retained by Crane Cams to conduct a public auction of the company's assets on April 22, 2009 and is also working to sell the assets before the auction to a variety of buyers who have expressed interest in the company's very well-established high-performance valve-train and ignition components and product lines. LiquiTec is handling all negotiations in connection with the sale of the Crane Cams' assets.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:11 PM
markthespark
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

I cannot understand how a company that big and has been around for a long time, would be going under.I had a cam one time that started rounding off the lobe, it had 150 passes on it. I called, they told me to send it to them. They sent me a brand new one back. I thought they had good customer service.Down here in Florida nobody wants to pay nothing per hour. So I,am sure the employ,es did not make that much an hour. Sounds like the head honch proubly got gretty.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:57 AM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

could be but from my past 10 or so years of following car stuff it seems like crane is not the weapon of choice for engine builds in magazines or at the track...comp cams has been the larger power and now with lunati having their voodoo cams, im sure theyll get more attention for cam stuff
Old 04-24-2009, 04:02 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

in the 70's i was a teenager building my first hotrod and i was lucky
to have contacted chet herbert, i gave him my specs on my sbc and
he made a custom grind for me and i'll never forget the loping sound
my first car made which was a 65' belair/biscane. last yr at the
clash of the titans, the choice cam was competition cams, i remember
when erson and crower were cam monsters, i guess they will just
all scale down to a smaller company size, or just fade away