Screw in airbleeds

Old 04-12-2009, 05:37 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Default Screw in airbleeds

:? :? Just how do screw in airbleeds work :?: And what benefit are they :?: And how to adjust them :?: This is in a holley hp carb!

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/163312
Old 04-13-2009, 09:38 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Screw in airbleeds

Originally Posted by mopar1968
:? :? Just how do screw in airbleeds work :?: And what benefit are they :?: And how to adjust them :?: This is in a holley hp carb!

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/163312
Air bleeds allow you to fine tune your carb. Take for instance, if you jet down a couple of jet sizes and your car picks up in the 60ft but loses 2MPH on the big end. That may be the jet you need even though you slowed on the big end. The solution would be to take your high speed air bleeds down. Usually a dominator will come with .032 on the high side, if you changed them to say .028 or .026 that would keep your engine lean like it likes coming out of the hole but would richen up the big end because you've just cut some of the air supply to the high side. Same thing of the idle bleeds, on gas in the heat of the summer I have put smaller air bleeds on the idle bleeds to keep the motor from building heat at idle. Here we have a few racers on alcohol that will try to burn you down at the line. Riching your idle can help from building heat as fast at idle. Thats just a few ways air bleeds can help you tune you carb.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:20 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks for the info