Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fram oil filter

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Fram oil filter

Ok guys ,some personel experience , new motor 305 sprint car new motor cranked and run 20 minutes, change oil and filter ,filter clean out of filters so owner goes to parts store and buys FRAM we go to track car runs good second in heat, loose oil press, cut filter open and it is collasped like you would squeeze it in your hand not good . I DO NOT USE a fram but this is owners call and it bit us. Later J.Smith 4621racing The Sledgehammer :cry:

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I don't use them because of stories like these...but I used to. Never had a failure maybe I was just lucky...wow. With so many stories like this you would think they would rethink things at FRAM.

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    MY OLD ENGINE BUILDER SAID NEVER USE A FRAM FILTER ON A RACE ENGINE. THE FILTER WON'T HANDLE THE PRESURE..... HE SWARES BY MOBILE ONE OR A NAPA RACING FILTER FOR ALL HIS DIRT RACE ENGINES, AND WE NEVER HAVE A FAILURE WITH HIS OIL OR FILTERS....

FRAM = FRIED RODS AND MAINS :!: :!:

Ive heard the same thing, Ive switched both of my cars to baldwin filters

I have never used them either because of stories like this too. :!:
    Has anyone used or use the K&N oil filters?

JimmySmith, how is the motor in the car or did it do any damage?

motor has some damage, metal in filter , They will pull it out and we will find out how much damage, Later J.Smith 4621 racing

I have never heard of anything like this. Really makes to stop and wonder sometimes, HUH?

Thanks for the info.

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    i have a friend that blew a motor after he changed his oil at the track and put a fram filter on.His said his oil pressure was low low at the end of the track. A local engine builder came by after he blew the motor and told him his pressure drop near the end of the track was from the fram filter. I had a fram on my motor and noticed the drop in oil pressure also at the top end. I changed it and had oil pressure again. I wont run a fram on a race motor again.

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    wix on street and they have a racing filter for high rpms,it filters abit less my motor builder told me, but thats what they push.also alot of people at the track with blown or nitrous motors use brad penn oil.its supposed to be awesome on keeping slippery when contaminated from fuel