Thread: An American ship captain was freed unharmed

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

An American ship captain was freed unharmed

MOMBASA, Kenya – An American ship captain was freed unharmed Sunday in a swift firefight that killed three of the four Somali pirates who had been holding him for days in a lifeboat off the coast of Africa, U.S. officials said.

Capt. Richard Phillips' crew, who said they escaped after he offered himself to the pirates as a hostage, erupted in cheers abroad their ship docked in Mombasa, Kenya, waving an American flag and firing a flare in celebration.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    I really didn't think the hostage taking would last very long once the US Navy got involved. And it didn't. Kudos to the US Navy!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    It lasted longer than it should have :evil: :evil: bUT I AM GLAD HE IS OK :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
    Head's up the true drag race!!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    [quote="mopar1968"]It lasted longer than it should have :evil: :evil: bUT I AM GLAD HE IS OK :!:

X2,
    the chicken sh*t Navy, should have been close enough to have shot all the pirates the first time he went overboard, or atleast they should have been in a position to take them out if he did try to excape.

Please don't don't get me wrong, i'm glad he's safe also, but we are thinking on a different wave band than these criminals/pirates and we need to get tougher, and take them out at the drop of a hat, that they will understand, hell go on shore and that out the whole compound that they live in. They need a wake up call.

JMO

Zip.

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    I agree. The sharp shooters that took them out, should of done that days ago. Now that the Navy got involved, there Government is afraid of retaliation from the Pitrates. I agree with zipper06 and send some rockets towards shore where they are hidding and take them out. Who ever is left will think twice about taking another ship.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Yep, seems silly when we have the most advanced military & snipers in the world. We have naval ships, plenty of tools for the job, & then the opposition is a few bullies in a dingy??? Come on... I am glad he is ok too. If I were the hostage, I would be wondering why I had to float around in a dingy for almost a week before something was truley done though. Too many politics invloved I guess.
    "I would walk through hell on Sunday before I fear the enemy"

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    Dead in the water, inexperienced teenaged 'pirates', Navy Seals who could scuba under that boat and drill a series of small holes to 'sink it'....even in shark infested water we have electronics that would keep the sharks at a distance until the operation was finished ....
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Lawers

Today on the news the cook has filed a law suit against the ships owners saying they should have been better protected. How about those lawers that are holding this country hostage? :evil:

9. Racing Junk