Transbrake Button

Old 04-11-2009, 01:31 PM
markthespark
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Transbrake Button

Just wondering which is better for consistancy,rolling your thumb off the trans. brake button or pulling the whole arm back? I pull my arm straight back, but my lights are all over the place.I barely turn on the light,and if I get a .530 or so i take some out of the box then I go red. Thanks
Old 04-11-2009, 03:36 PM
gnsrule
SENIOR BUILDER

My arm flies off the button, but i think its more on the order of keeping the caffine level cosistant. 2 pots off coffee in the morning folowed up w/ 2-3 cans of monster and then drink Vault for the rest of the day. Gotta keep up the hyperness :P
Believe it or not, it works for me.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:38 PM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

i pull my hand off, and get better times, my son was useing the thumb roll, until i asked him, if he put his thumb on a hot dime, which would burn the longest, rolling it of, or pulling it off....almost.!!
Old 04-11-2009, 03:42 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Using a practice tree that I can use while sitting in my car. My lights are more consistant coming straight off the button. I try to use a short throw button where I can use a soft touch. IMO sliding off the button or rolling off the button will allow the button to rub on the sides on not be as quick. I know quick shouldn't matter since you have a delay box to add or take away time. But I've found that the quicker the switch the more consistant the light. JMO
Old 04-11-2009, 03:50 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I am more consistent with a button that I can get a grip between my thumb and index finger. My only movement is those 2 fingers.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Anybody ever try having a button loose on a wire and just drop it?
Old 04-11-2009, 05:21 PM
markthespark
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Trans brake button

Thanks for all the info. I think I will buy a practice tree and hook it up inside my car, like someone posted, and practice like that. I think I will try some coffee and energy drinks also. First round jitters instead of just having to go to the bathroom, I might just wet my self. Thank for all the info.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:28 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Trans brake button

Originally Posted by markthespark
Thanks for all the info. I think I will buy a practice tree and hook it up inside my car, like someone posted, and practice like that. I think I will try some coffee and energy drinks also. First round jitters instead of just having to go to the bathroom, I might just wet my self. Thank for all the info.
Find someone with a practice tree and see if its you or the car, seen a buddy fight a issue all year so he thought, we got him on a practice tree and found the real reasons. His mistake was trying to barley push the button.

Also coffee and energy drinks, pop are all a BAD idea unless you are going to drink them from before ya get the track untill you leave.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:29 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

unlike most people , I have my button mounted on dash of my dragster , so far away that I can just reach it with my finger tip , if i flinch ANY I'm gone
Old 06-14-2009, 07:51 PM
yankeeredneck
SHOW GUEST

Practice tring not to put so much pressure on the button, just push it slowly just till to can hear the click and stop hold it there, watch how fast you react

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -