Headers

Old 04-11-2009, 01:04 PM
markthespark
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Headers

What is the advantages/disadvantages of upswept or downswept headers on a dragster?
I know they both look nice but is it just which ever the driver likes best? Thanks
Old 04-11-2009, 02:41 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

We saw no difference between upswept versus the downswept. They downs make it a little easier to work on the car and I do like to looks of the downs better. If you look under the dragster section, check out the add for the Fab Shop BBC headers. They are the nicest looking and best fabricated header I have seen to date....and yes that is why I run them.

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1...l-Headers.html
Old 04-11-2009, 05:17 PM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

The upswept headers are a real pain in the butt. They are in the way. And if you have to do any tuning on the car it's real easy to get against them when they are hot.

TS1955
Old 04-12-2009, 06:20 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TS1955
The upswept headers are a real pain in the butt. They are in the way. And if you have to do any tuning on the car it's real easy to get against them when they are hot.

TS1955
This is very true !

I've ran both, like both but run chrome downswepts just because they look good and easier to work on the car. if you are not the cleaning type upswepts grab most the burnout dirt on them instead of the car.