Apologizing for being an American.....

Old 04-08-2009, 06:59 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default Apologizing for being an American.....

This guy is digging his own grave......

http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/?p=1254
:x :x :x :x :x
Old 04-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

That is pathetic!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 03:30 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

X2 PATHETIC, NEVER BEFORE HAVE WE SEEN A SITTING PRESIDENT TALK CRAP ABOUT OUR COUNTRY LIKE THIS. WHEN HE BENT OVER TO BOW TO THE SAUDI KING, SOME ONE SHOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM A SWIFT KICK IN THE ASS!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: WE HAVE BILL AIRES WITHOUT A RAP SHEET AS PRESIDENT.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Yeah that sums it up pretty well Hemi. Bill Ayres w/o a rap sheet...

What a whimp & a complete dumbazz... to make a gesture to a Saudi King & give him reverance & power over us WTH?????
Old 04-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I DON'T LIKE OBAMA EITHER...but I didn't see any mention of BUSH in the OBAMA comments. ...I didn't agree with everything he said but I didn't read into it all the stuff that author came up with in his "translations"

Obama Comment: In a student town hall meeting in Turkey, Obama asked the world to look past his nation's "stereotypes and flaws."

MY opinion: Compared to the rest of the world I'd say we have ZERO flaws....not a perfect system here but definitely the BEST system in the world. As far as stereotypes...Like them or not, true or not,many,but not all of the people in other parts of the world do not like us. They think we are arrogant and that we butt in where we don't belong. those are stereotypes that aren't necessarily true. Just because some Americans are that way doesn't mean the entire Nation is.

Obama Comment: "You can choose to make new bridges instead of new walls."

MY opinion: He is saying we need to work out our differences. Where the author gets anything about Bush in that one I'll never know.

Obama Comment: "I am personally committed to a new chapter in American engagement. We can't afford to talk past one another and focus only on our differences, or to let the walls of mistrust go up around us."

My OPINION: Almost the same as the one directly above about working out differences..Nothing in that comment says anything about BUSH "LOOKING PAST" anyone...in fact, he never used the phrase "looking past"
I don't agree with him at all on this. History proves we cannot trust the terrorist scumbags.

Obama Comment: "Some people say that maybe I'm being too idealistic. ... But if we don't try, if we don't reach high, we won't make any progress."

My opinion: Jesus Christ what's the big deal about that one? All he is saying is if we do not set our goals high we will never improve .We have the best Country on the planet but it isn't perfect. If we don't reach for perfection we will never improve.

Comment: "It's always harder to forge true partnerships and sturdy alliances than to act alone. ... In America, there's a failure to appreciate Europe's leading role in the world. Instead of ... seeking to partner with you ... there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive."

My opinion: I think he is completely wrong on this one.

I admit sometimes the entire speach needs to be heard to understand what the person was getting at when they make a comment....but based on the comments posted only...some people are over reacting big time.I think getting the rest of the world to "LIKE US" would be a good thing as long as we don't have to compromise what our nation was founded on and what we believe in. I don't think it will happen in a million years...there will always be countries that hate us...but it's a good goal to have I suppose.

Flame Away. I don't care.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I think that is the most I have ever heard Tod say about politics... it is nice to see someone come out & say what is on his/her mind.

Look, Obama said the words while in Europe: "I don't know how to say this in "Austrian" but, blah blah blah.... DOES HE KNOW THAT AUSTRIA IS A GERMAN SPEAKING COUNTRY????

I see these little signs that show he is grossly underqualified for the job. I mean we are talking about the president of the "United States"... not a plumber (like Joe). He seems to have no spine & supports the idea of unity amongst all kinds.... at the expense of American's core values. I think he would make a fine Government Social Worker.... that is all. JMO- Scoot
Old 04-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Superpro399z
JOURNEYMAN

Looks like one term to me, what do all think! mican
Old 04-10-2009, 07:14 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

If he's not impeached before !
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x