Methanol suppliers

Old 04-06-2009, 05:41 PM
talgregory
JOURNEYMAN

Default Methanol suppliers

i am looking for Methanol Suppliers in georgia or albama near columbus . thanks for the help talgregory
Old 04-07-2009, 08:17 AM
dak697
MASTER BUILDER

I buy Methanol from Univar . They are a chemical company that has distribution all over North America.

click on this link

http://www.univarusa.com/pagesi/dist...twork?OpenForm

then go to the map and select the state you want. Then click on an area close to you.

Good luck
Old 04-07-2009, 08:33 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

I called them in Mo. They only deal with businesses in Missouri. They will not sell to an individual.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:15 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

VP-South

Barnett, Georgia
Phone: 706-465-9357
Fax: 706-465-9701

METHANOL
Available in 5-gallon pails and 54-gallon drums.

M1TM
M1 Racing Methanol has a 99.95% minimum purity - the highest purity available in the U.S. With M1, engines run cooler and are less subject to corrosion. VP uses only lined drums which prohibit rust, corrosion and metal deposits that can contaminate fuel delivery systems. Recommended for all methanol-legal racing applications.

M3TM
Like M1, M3 starts with methanol of the highest purity, but includes lubrication and combustion additives for an extra boost. M3 offers a wider range of jetting options, making jetting easier and more consistent. For bracket racers, variations in ET from run to run will be substantially reduced. With better tuning and cleaner, more efficient combustion, M3 makes more power and yields better throttle response than any standard methanol on the market. M3's improved combustion also reduces the noxious fumes associated with methanol fuels, so it's much easier on the eyes and nose. For 60-70% of methanol applications, M3 won't require jetting or timing changes-just pour it in and get an immediate performance improvement in all areas. In the other 30-40%, M3's added vaporization may actually hurt volumetric efficiency and performance, which is what lead to the development of M5. M3 is not pure methanol and won't pass a water test.

NEW! M5TM
M5 is simply the best performing methanol on the market. With its upgraded combustion additives, M5 will make more power than M3, i.e., 5-7% more power than standard methanol, while offering the same or better protection against detonation. Like M3, M5's improved vaporization offers a wider acceptable range of air/fuel ratios and tuning. It also yields faster combustion speeds which lead to closer EGT's from cylinder to cylinder, providing more consistent performance from run to run. M5 is not pure methanol and won't pass a water test.