Automotive blunders!!

Old 04-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Default Automotive blunders!!

Well guys,

I thought I would maybe start a thread about automotive blunders that are above & beyond glorious... mine started last weekend, as i was driving down the freeway in the ol' 1975 GMC 4X4 on my way to have a breakfast w/ a buddy (the ol' truck does not get much drivin' these days) anyways, I was going about 60mph & BAAMMMM!!!!! something under the truck woke me up from a daze.... I look in the rear-veiw & see the rear drive-line doing flips in the air.... damn near hit a dude in a Saab that was kinda mad at me... anyways, broke the u-joint, yoke & bent the drive line like banana. I put the drive ine in the bed, put her 4H & went to breakfast. That is the end of my hill-billy bunder for last Saturday.

Anyone break anything lately??? Hopefully on a drag car having fun??? GEEZZZ, I was just driving ol' Besse & she tried to bite me!!! Man, I have bad luck sometimes....
Old 04-06-2009, 05:06 PM
markadams
JUNIOR BUILDER

A couple weeks ago I had a student drive a car off our Hunter 4 wheel alignment rack. Over the 5" raised edge and drop the front wheels off the front. Told me he could drive a 5 speed. It hit and bent the alignment tower also. Did about $1000 damage to a teachers car. I stood there in shock watching the "deer in the headlight look"on his face and couldn't do anything about it. He started the car with his right foot on the clutch and when he let off to hit the brake, guess what happened? Full engagement and good bye! I get to pull cars in and out now. No one hurt, thats a good thing!
Old 04-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I had a wheel fall off once while going down the road. no joke. :?
Old 04-06-2009, 11:56 PM
N2Dirt
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by Tod74
I had a wheel fall off once while going down the road. no joke. :?
Yup, me too. Doing about 70-75 mph on I-40 west of OKC I was driving my buddies isuzu pickup that he had just put new to him wheels on and the LR wheel passed us in the median. Luckily it stayed and didnt cross over into on coming traffic.

It ruined the wheel and sheered all 5 studs off.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:37 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Did a ladderbar/ coil over on my wifes 71 Camaro over the winter. Took it to the track(HRP), made 5 runs. Everything is fine. Go to Angleton the following saturday, first time trial. Front wheels are a couple of inches in the air and all the sudden pieces of tranny yoke and ujoints are scattering the starting line. At least she wasn't going 100 mph. I blame it on to much traction.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:58 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I was driving my uncles beloved 73 karma ghia convertible to work for a few weeks while my car was down for repairs when one morning the passenger side front wheel just fell off?

Retrevied the wheel, blushing, from the local golf course and re-installed with some spare lug bolts.

It seemed someone had put some grease on them stubburn wheel lug bolts

I aint saying another word.

Cp
Old 04-08-2009, 04:16 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

I don't know if this fits with the other things I have read here but.

I bought my wife an Audi TT roadster, my middle daughter had to learn something new and write a paper about it for a college class. So we are getting ready for her first experience driving a six speed standard. Everything is explained on how to use the clutch, where reverse is, etc..

She is wound up and ready to go, it's a really nice evening so I ask, "do you want the top up or down"? Down. So I start putting the top down. Well unknown to me and with me unable to see because it is right behind me, my wife had place a plastic case, that she carries her stethascope and other items in, down in the area that the top folds down into. I hear this loud pop and glass breaking into a thousand pieces.

Well to make a long story longer Audi TTs have a non replaceable heated window in the top, so $1800.00 dollars later we had a new soft top to replace the 3 month old top that was on the car. ops: ops: ops: ops:

Needless to say she no longer places ANYTHING in that area.

Curtis

P.S. I recently heard about a guy that got his finger caught in a door latch for a couple of hours also. :lol: :lol:

Old 04-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Yep doooracer.... that would qualify just fine for this thread. OOUUCCHH!! that was an expensive error!!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

What about tools dropped on the starting line?...anyone...anyone.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:08 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Does a ratchet and spark plug socket count :?: ops: ops:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -