tunnle ram

Old 04-03-2009, 09:10 AM
txhunter69
EXPERT BUILDER

Default tunnle ram

would a tunnle ram be a good or bad intake for a street truck?
Old 04-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I have only had one tunnel ram before. Weiand w/2 4's. It was great for show, but it only performed well in the higher RPM's (also a street application). Being yours is a street application, my opinion would be that it is much easier to tune & get performance from a good manifold/single carb set up. Tunnel Ram's will look cool on the street, but you will be working harder to to get it to run right on the street based on your set up... which if your motor is not built to handle the extra cfm's, you will be drowning it & getting less performance. What is the motor set up & drive train? Scooter
Old 04-03-2009, 10:52 AM
txhunter69
EXPERT BUILDER

all bone stock at the moment im just trying to get as much info as possible so i don't go by what a friend said and end up with a bad motor so any suggestions you have are nice
Old 04-03-2009, 08:21 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Tunnel ram is a bad selection for the street if you're looking for any kind of decent performance while driving down the street. fact is a duel plane manifold will out perform any tunnel ram on the street up to about 5,000rpm. Question is do you want to look pretty or run good?
Enough said.

Zip.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:37 PM
txhunter69
EXPERT BUILDER

well its easier to make pretty out of fast but alot harder to make fast out of pretty so i think ill just stick with an edlebrock air gap or performer rpm thanks for the info