Joel Atkinson in Caledonia,Mi.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:00 AM
bigs1975
CRAFTSMAN

Default Joel Atkinson in Caledonia,Mi.

Anyone on here know this guy.I had an aeromotive fuel pump on here for sale a while back.He emails me and asks If I would trade for a holley 350 dominator pump.I said cool.So since I ship from here at work I told him to go to the post office and give me the tracking number when he sends his pump out and after I got the tracking number I sent mine out.Well I start tracking the number after a couple days.It was due here on a saturday and never showed up.The tracking message sadi vacant address so it was being returned to sender.A few days later I call him and he said he got the pump back the day before.So I give him the address here at work and he said he'll go to ups and send it the next day.Cool I thought.Here it is almost 2 months later and no pump.He won't return my calls after I have left several messages.So If anyone knows him or where he's at tell him to call me at 512-627-6163 so he can man up and make this deal right.
Or can I go to the authorities in Caledonia with the tracking numbers and file on him if this doesn't get resolved?
Old 04-02-2009, 11:15 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

I race with a couple guys from Caledonia. I'll check and see if they know him.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:47 PM
bigs1975
CRAFTSMAN

Man I would appreciate it.I had a sketchy feeling on the deal but he had a tracking # so I did it.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:54 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Joel Atkinson in Caledonia,Mi.

Originally Posted by bigs1975
Anyone on here know this guy.I had an aeromotive fuel pump on here for sale a while back.He emails me and asks If I would trade for a holley 350 dominator pump.I said cool.So since I ship from here at work I told him to go to the post office and give me the tracking number when he sends his pump out and after I got the tracking number I sent mine out.Well I start tracking the number after a couple days.It was due here on a saturday and never showed up.The tracking message sadi vacant address so it was being returned to sender.A few days later I call him and he said he got the pump back the day before.So I give him the address here at work and he said he'll go to ups and send it the next day.Cool I thought.Here it is almost 2 months later and no pump.He won't return my calls after I have left several messages.So If anyone knows him or where he's at tell him to call me at 512-627-6163 so he can man up and make this deal right.
Or can I go to the authorities in Caledonia with the tracking numbers and file on him if this doesn't get resolved?
Interesting possible scam I think.

He sent the item or any item for that matter to a bogus address to get a legit tracking number, gave it to you so you would ship-you did. And then the USPS re-delivers back to him the item because he sent to a bogus address.

So now he has your item and his.

I think you need to gather every piece of documentation and contact the USPS immediately as this smells like mail fraud.

Never seen anything written about this type of thing before.

I'll caveat this because its fresh with a "just my humble opinion" sticker.

Scorp
Old 04-03-2009, 05:11 AM
bigs1975
CRAFTSMAN

I thought about contacting USPS but I don't know what they could do with just the tracking #.Thats all I have is my # and the one he gave me.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:25 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Go ahead and contact the USPS with what you have, get on this guy like a "rat on a cheeto". If you don't he'll get away with it for sure.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:47 AM
bigs1975
CRAFTSMAN

Beast477 have you heard anything yet?I made a post on yellowbullet also but nothing yet.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:25 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bigs1975
Beast477 have you heard anything yet?I made a post on yellowbullet also but nothing yet.
I'll see the guys this Saturday. I'll let you know what i find out. Sorry i don't have any info yet.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:02 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

bigs1975 i checked with the guys i know from Calidonia and they didn't know him. Sorry. I guess get your info together like scorp said and go after him. Give me more info on him. How old,where he races, what he drives, anything you can think of it might ring a bell with someone around here. Send it to me in a pm if you want.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:46 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Hey bigs1975 i did some checking and could not find a Joel Atkinson in Caledonia but did find one in Hastings, MI which is about ten miles away at most. Maybe same guy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -