why is honesty so damn hard.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:27 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

Default why is honesty so damn hard.

well guys i got up early sat. and headed for ohio. i was going to trade one of bikes (2003 sporster )for a 86 monte carlo ss.add #1499207.i thought i would have a better chance of selling the car than a bike right now.more pople drive than ride.anyway my son had been talking on the phone to this clown for a week.in the add he says its a 7 or 8.more like a 2 or 3. he was asked straight out if the interior was faded, ripped etc. he states it great. its faded BAD. says driver seat has a spot that has comeloose in the threading.does not mention carpet is thread bare. does not metion that the dash has a crack does not metion the console top is garbage.now the body. he tells my son that it has a couple of small dings and that the rockers are starting to bubble up but that was it. well the rocker on p.s. was is rusted thru in one spot and you cannot miss it. and where it was bubbling up well theres now a hole where my finger went thru it.just pointing it out to my son.p.s. door wavy with a baseball size DING. t top frame is rusting thru in a few places.many many many chips in paint. ss stickers faded.the car does need to be repainted.the engine is covered in grease. looks like a old farm truck engine.and the pipes emit a little steam when it was cranked up.i just spent $200. to look at a worn out car.he knew all of this yet he let us drive 900 miles total.im busted up not blind.im now in alot of pain because of a useless ride on kentucky interstates(really bad roads). but all this could have been avoided by honesty.i did not do what was going thru my mind and i didnt say what i wanted to say. i just said i think we will let this one pass and left there before i became a a$$hole because that was what i wanted to do. this is the third time in 2 weeks that someone being dishonest has cost us money.and trust in people.my old ways almost came back sat. im so glad that im finding my way back to god because hell was within sight sat.im done ranting now i do feel better.thanks ken @ outlaw steel
Old 03-29-2009, 03:50 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Pictures

Everyone has a digital camara-Why not ask for the pictures you need before taking a 900 mile trip?Pictures don't lie-Some of these clowns figure if you have already made the trip so its easier to go through with the deal than go home empty handed??
Old 03-29-2009, 03:59 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

This reminds me of a proverb or saying that my college wrestling coach used to say. In the end, you'll get what you deserve, and that is where you usually will get it, in the end. Meaning that this guy will pay sooner or later for his deeds, either here, or in the END, with you know whom!
Sorry you got the run around by this clown.
Bruce
Old 03-29-2009, 05:00 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Honesty

Ken, sorry you got the run around from the clown. Anymore I don't go anywhere that is any distance unless I get some good high resolution photos first. Everyone has access to a good digital camera, and should be able to email some photos. If they can't send photos, then they are probably hiding something. They will get their payback eventually.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:31 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

Every time I ask for specific pictures , they usually say they don't respond to tire kickers so I don't even write back..I with you , if they aren't willing to take a few pictures , I sure as hell ain't willing to drive cross country...JMO
Old 03-29-2009, 06:07 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I like the last part of the ad. The guy calls it an 8 out of 10 then goes on to say it is not show car quality. In my mind, if you tell me 8 out of 10 then I should not be ashamed to show up at a car show with it.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:45 AM
blowninjected540
EXPERT BUILDER

There is no Honesty in these bad times, Seems like alot of people say and do whatever, just to get someone to come and look at there JUNK. Remember the saying one mans JUNK is another mans treasure. But pictures don't LIE. usually !!!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:12 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Wow it don't look that bad in those pics....I don't blame you for being upset. I got made fun of for being too fwd with an ad I had on ebay...I sold some aluminum heads and in the pictures I put big white arrows pointing to bad threads and a couple of other things...I didn't want someone buying something they didn't want, and That's how it should be...sorry you got the run around.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:21 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

he did send pics but a pic sure aint worth a thousand words! in the pics you couldnt really tell anything. oh well. i got to spend time away from the shop with my son and that was worth 200.atleast he did all the driving and i got to catch a few zs but thanks guys for listening. i had to do a little ranting.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:52 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

x2, maniac, I have asked some for pic's and some never do it or will send pic's of only positive areas. ex, ask for pic's of rear frame rails of g body cars and sent everything but . deception by ommision. drove one time buy malibu that was said to have perfect frame , old lady car only to find it was midwestern rust bucket with butchered on rear frame rails. thirty miles pissed me off , nine hundred ! seller deserves a good tune up!! :x :x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -