scammer beware

Old 03-27-2009, 07:32 PM
ttitanic01
SHOW GUEST

Default scammer beware

i posted a ad looking for a bbc roller cam it was answered by James Brittain of Claremont,nc he sent me a pic and i agreed to price and shipping.I sent a money order to him last week and have not recieved the cam so i e-mailed him and ask him if he had shipped and he said yes so i ask for tracking # and no reply we have called several times no answer leave messages no call back i have e-mailed him several times no reply just wanted to let everybody know thanks Gary
his info
James Brittain
p.o box 443
claremont,nc his sign on is autotecnic
Old 03-28-2009, 03:20 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default PostOffice Box

Hard to believe he has a computer & No Home address?? I would never send money to a PO Box(Again) I also have had that experience-Sorry & I hope it works out for you-
Old 03-28-2009, 04:11 AM
ttitanic01
SHOW GUEST

thanks i hope it works out to i had to sell my vacum pump so i could fix the motor.I do have an address that he called from the first day from but the address is not in his name thanks GaryShould i post his phone#
Old 03-28-2009, 02:00 PM
chrisr
MASTER BUILDER

As far as the PO box, the town I live in only a few years back only had a post office for you to pick up mail so you only had a PO.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:41 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by ttitanic01
thanks i hope it works out to i had to sell my vacum pump so i could fix the motor.I do have an address that he called from the first day from but the address is not in his name thanks GaryShould i post his phone#
I agree something sounds a little fishy here :?: i too hope it works out for you,
I live in a little 1 dog town and use a postal box number for mail recieved. We have the optional of a physical street address mail delivery, or PO box. I've had a paypal account for over 8 yrs, and have both the PO box and physical street address verified for small deliverys i use the PO box and for UPS or FEDEX i use the street address with no problems from people or merchants.
The fishy part in my opinion is the like of his own address and the fact that no one answers the phone. You didn't say if you sent the MO registered, if so he had to sign for it, if you just put it in a envelope and he didn't have sign that he recieved it, you could very well could get screwed and would have no recourse.
Let's hope for the best, but one week is not too long to wait for a delivery from UPS or USPS.
If it doen't show up in the next week i would send him a personal registered letter to his street address, where it has to be signed for atleast that will wake him up, also check to see if the MO has been cashed, include that in the personal letter that you know he has recieved and cashed you MO.
You do need to wake him and keep him :evil: awake

JMO

Zip.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:00 PM
ttitanic01
SHOW GUEST

my wife got the address with the phone # he called from from the internet yellow pages and no it wasnt a registered letter i just mailed the money order in the mail and yes he has cashed it i will never send another money order to a po box i guess you live and learn.My wife wants to go to the address and face him he only lives 270 miles from me thanks Gary
Old 03-28-2009, 06:54 PM
ttitanic01
SHOW GUEST

Well guess who e-mailed today around 8pm yep thats wright he said he was in the hodpital having a kidney stone removed and he sent the cam today at 11.30am by postal mail.So we will see if it shows up if so i will apoligize to him but until thanks Gary
Old 03-28-2009, 07:17 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

:shock: OUCH :shock: HAD ONE OF THOSE MYSELF LAST YEAR.
I have had a lot of injuries in my life , but nothing even came close to that PAIN :!: :!: hopefully all will turn out well, time will tell..
Old 03-28-2009, 07:25 PM
ttitanic01
SHOW GUEST

yes it will but he told somebody else the same exact thing last week
Old 03-28-2009, 07:29 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by ttitanic01
Well guess who e-mailed today around 8pm yep thats wright he said he was in the hodpital having a kidney stone removed and he sent the cam today at 11.30am by postal mail.So we will see if it shows up if so i will apoligize to him but until thanks Gary
I am by no means saying he's lying, but who's Post Office is open on saturday, mines not. He could have used a postal mailing service, i agree if he sent it USPS, for less that a dollar he could have a tracking #, an you could feel alot better about everything. Mark me as a skeptic, but i've been burned before.

JMO

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -