The REAL story of A.I.G.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:50 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default The REAL story of A.I.G.

Read carefully and completely, twice if needed, to fully understand what happened.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/25/op...o_interstitial
Old 03-25-2009, 06:31 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

i know that they were promised but this guy is intelligent enough to
know that "there is no money" if the stem bill did not happen
where would the money come from? what would be said to these
individuals about their bonus, and if there is no money that means
business is bad, when business is bad there is no bonus, no money
to pay bonus, the money came from tax to help keep the firm
afloat, paying bonus to me is not keeping afloat, confused :?
Old 03-26-2009, 01:06 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

If you read that letter once more, you'll notice that he mentions that the individuals who actually did the damage, were no longer with the firm. The folks who received the bonuses were not even IN the sections involved. Can you spell SCAPEGOATS ?

AIG is a VERY complex and diversified organization that us common folks cannot even fathom.

The major point of this whole fiasco is that the Govt is taking CONTROL piece by piece of our banking and major corps.

I don't know about ya'all, but I've NEVER worked for a poor person. Poor folks do not produce products or services and employ people. Hard working and driven folks take BIG chances and risk it all, fail often but get right back up and do it again until they succeed. When they succeed they EMPLOY people. They've EARNED what they have. Their employees ALSO earn what they WORK for, not what is HANDED to them. Hard working and concientious workers are highly valued by MOST small businesses. Small businesses are the virtual backbone of our economy. Barry's policies are going to deteriorate the INCENTIVE for individuals and small businesses to succeed, through increased taxes.

Being self employed for 35 years I've fallen, gotten back up, fallen and gotten back up many times. I'm DRIVEN to succeed. I could not work for any other person as I NEED to do it myself until I succeed. When I do, I'll put folks to work.